Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesSBS/AID Inventory Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Creating Item Master through Import functionality
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Creating Item Master through Import functionality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating Item Master through Import functionality
    Posted: 05 May 2017 at 6:32am
Solved. Version: 1.##.148
Meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:15am
Hi
have this problem already solved ?
I encountered exacly the same problem.

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 8:10am
 This is a serious issue. It does not delete the part, but updates the imported columns if finds ITEM ID. This is how it is supposed to work. At the same time, it changes a numeric key on the Item Master record (BUG) that makes your current inventory for this item hanging unlinked. Do not re-import existing items. We are going to fix the problem shortly. Thank you for reporting the bug.  
BlackDisc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackDisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 11:00pm
I have to import several hundred records of Item Master record using the Import functionality.

I have noticed that when I import an existing item master record, it does not prompt an alert saying ... "Trying to import a duplicate item" and instead it imports the duplicate item and deletes the existing one.

So if I'm trying to import ITEM-A and if ITEM-A already exists, it will delete ITEM-A in the Item Master and it will also delete its associated inventory (say 100 units) and then it will create a new record called ITEM-A and this will now have zero inventory.  As a consequence I have lost the 100 units that were loaded in the system and the current inventory for ITEM-A is incorrectly reported as Zero units.

I would have thought that the system would have ignored loading duplicate items and thrown out an error.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Can anyone explain how the system imports when a duplicate record is attempted to be loaded?

Thanks

BlackDisc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic