Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesSBS/AID Order Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Scanning stock out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scanning stock out
    Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 4:32pm
Hello, I'm currently wondering if there is a way to scan stock out in a sales order? Currently each of our stock items has a unique barcode so each item is listed separately within its item category. For example, we have 10 laptops and each laptop is listed as a separate entry with its own serial number. This works fine when we scan stock in but I cannot find functionality to scan it on the way out. At the moment we are visually scanning the product listing for the correct bar code but this is obviously not a great way of doing things. Can you please suggest a better way of doing this (such as a search function)?
Andrew2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 4:40pm
Anyone here able to help?
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 2:36pm
No, I am afraid there is no scanning out. ABC/ACS Inventory packages has support for check out scans, but SBS does not at the moment.
Andrew2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 5:20pm
Hello Debra,

On your comparison website "http://www.almyta.com/v3/Products.asp?l=en" it states that SBS has "Barcode scanning at loading and shipping". Is this referring to something else? It seems very inconvenient to be unable to actually scan stock out to a customer and instead rely on visually matching barcodes, it defeats much of the purpose of having an inventory system.

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 11:13am

Hi Andrew, 

I agree with you.

We sure missing this function. We will add it in the next update in a couple of weeks. 

Andrew2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 10:06pm
Thank you Debra, I'm looking forward to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic