Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Purchase price qty break descounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
timjea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Purchase price qty break descounts
    Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:05am
Most of my vendors have a purchase price schedule based on qty.  These quantity breaks occur at various intervals.  Currently in the ABC software, vendor price screen I am entering the highest purchase value, and setting cost in the inventory screen.

Examples:
ItemA 1 $12.00
ItemA 10 $11.35
ItemA 50 $10.75

ItemB 1 $22.50
ItemB 24 $19.75
ItemB 144 $18.50

ItemC 1 $13.55
Itemc 6 $12.50
Itemc 36 $11.95
ItemC 108 $11.10

For each of these items I have a unit of measure of EA as I sell them each.  Obviously it benefits me to purchase in the largest qty that I can.  Currently I have the system suggest purchase qty for me then go to the price book and see the price breaks and adjust the qty and the price to finalize the PO.

I do not see a capability in the software to do this. Can someone confirm that no it does not have this capability, or yes and here's how you can do it.  Setting up a unique unit of measure for every qty break point doesn't seem feasible. 

Dane
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 6:55am
Hi, you are right. There is no price break down by quantity. We do it on custom projects. You are right, it would benefit a standard package.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic