Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInstallation, Updates, Technical Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Moving Data to new computer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPNatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving Data to new computer
    Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 9:50am
Let me start by saying I really LOVE the flexibility of this inventory software. I have been using it since 2013, fixed a few bugs and learned how to use the program! It has been an enjoyable experience.

Now I have switched computers and managed to transfer the software package but I cannot seem to find how to retrieve the old data of inventory for my company to the new computer. Can someone tell me how to do this without having to input all the inventory items again. Thank you.
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 7:42am

Thank you for your kind feedback! In a stand alone environment, your data is located in [C:\AlmytaSystems]\#Company Name#\ACSD312.DATA. All you need is this file. There is no data related to you in any other place. There are also two subfolders Reports and Screens. Those contain some configuration of yours. 

1. Install ACS on a new PC.

2. Copy  [C:\AlmytaSystems]\#Company Name# folder from old  to new PC.

RPNatural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPNatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:03am
I will give this a try-- thank you so much Debra!
RPNatural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPNatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:06am
Ok- I copied the #Business Name# file onto my new computer. However, I cannot open it now. I get a message that states "You are not authorized to log into this application. Please contact the application administrator." I removed any passwords before copying the folder. How do I access the file? I can get into the company X, Y, Z with no problems but not my custom business file. Any suggestions?
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 2:15pm
In the Company Selector, try to click Configure button, scroll down untick the I will be using secure logins. See if this deactivates security.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic