Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Scanning Bar Code Inventory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SteveR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scanning Bar Code Inventory
    Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 11:21pm
I downloaded the freeware version of ABC Inventory, and am interested in recording the Serial Numbers of items coming into my warehouse.

I've entered a single inventory item via the Master Inventory. And I'm using a simple handheld bar code scanner which works fine with the software.

I can use the Direct Receive window, and enter in the Item ID, then scan the barcode to receive the item into the database. That works great.

But if I have thousands of items to scan, all the same Item ID, same warehouse, same everything except the serial number, I can't seem to find a way to do this.

I tried using the Scan/Import Barcodes window, with just the "Issue by Serial Number" selected, but when I go to Merge, I get an error on each item stating that I haven't selected an Item ID. But there's no place to enter the Item ID just once. It seems as though I will have to select the proper Item ID (via the keyboard) and then scan the Serial Number, for each item.

Is there any way to just 'fix' the Item ID so that I can just cruise along with the handheld scanner so that I don't have to keep typing in the Item ID for each unit?

SteveR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 4:47pm

I probably wasn't as concise as I could have been in the above post.

Simply put, it's just a large number of parts, all the same, with the only thing different about the parts is the barcoded serial number printed on each part.

And I just want to go through all of them with the handheld scanner, one after the other, scanning in the serial numbers without having to go back to the keyboard after/before each scan.

Anyone know if that's possible????

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 7:29am
I am not sure what the difficulties are. As I understand, you have USB scanner with laptop or a tablet. If so, go to the Inventory/Receive by Serial menu. Select adjustment code, Item ID, Location. Put the cursor into the Serial field and scan all items of the kind in this location. No keyboard touch needed. Make sure, your scanner is configured to send carriage  return after each barcode. It is the same as pressing the Enter key n a keyboard.
SteveR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 2:50pm
Thanks for your reply. My error was not realizing that a CR could be sent by the scanner after each scan. Newbie mistake!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic