Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

installation issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: installation issue
    Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:40pm

I had a bit of bad luck and my hard drive stopped functioning.  I had previosuly moved my Almyta folder to the D: drive and it was working fine, and had made a back up of that partition.

After replacing the hard drive with a new one, I decided to simply fresh install the Win XP OS to get a clean registry, and purchase and load the newest version of Microsoft Office including MS Access 2010.  I then copied my D: drive data backup back to the new drive.

The desktop icon did not function even after I corrected the desktop icon target command text to reflect the new path to MSACCESS.EXE.  Should I just re-install the ABC software, and then copy in the data folder of my business, and relink it similar to how we previously moved the folder?

Will the target commad text in the desktop icon still need to include the /runtime component or will it use the installed full version of Access?

And just because I am curious, what is the file type .logics? Some variation of the access file format?  
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:51pm

Just install Almyta to C: and copy the folder from D: to C:. This should fix the problem. Uninstall Almyta if it says: another version installed. The installation leaves data on disk. The .logc is the ACS/ABC application.

timjea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 6:54pm
Things have been working fine since the reinstall/copy referenced above, except when I tried to allow the update to autoinstall I get an error referencing the wrong drive letter.  Otherwise the applciation works just fine.

I looked in System, Options, and did not find the E:\path it was looking for.  the path is correct except everything is located on the D:\ drive.

Where is the default path for downloading update files stored?
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 12:46am

Go to the System menu, Error Log/Files in Use. The code reference at the top will look like this:

D:\Folder\..\folder\#Your Company Name#\acs312.logic
The update goes to  D:\Folder\..\folder\ (root installation folder)

What does the error say and when?

Edited by BillD - 06 Jan 2012 at 12:50am
timjea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 10:45am
When I opened this morning I allowed it to attempt to update, and this time the download appeared to be successful.  IT told me the update would be applied noext time I opened the program.

In the Error log, I see several #76 errors PAth not found.  In the Error/log, files in use:
   Program: d:\secondary\bee records\almytasystems\#rjs bee farm#\acs312.logic
     used by:
         Machine: 000-DSTRICKLAND.
   Data: d:\secondary\bee records\almytasystems\#rjs bee farm#\acsd312.data
     used by:
        *** not in use ***

I closed the application and reopened it.  I did not see anything that appeared to be like installing an update.  I still show to be using version 3.14.16 Z.  So I didn't gat an error, but it did not appear to update either.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 10:13am
I think, you have moved the application. Start Almyta Company Selector. Click the Updates button at the bottom. On the popup screen, you will see the folder name in the middle. What is it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic