Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

UOM vs UPP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
madair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UOM vs UPP
    Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 12:09am
I had this same issue. See the following link under "Dealing With Purchasing Units of Measure." You have to set up the units. For example, if I have 100 widges in a box, then I have to set up my base unit of each as 1 and box as 100 each. Then I can set a po price and when I order, it will only order boxes.

http://www.almyta.com/online_docs/en/ACS312Level2.htm#_Toc352829439
Serafin54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serafin54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 1:27pm
ok. maybe I'm doing something wrong then. I set up the way you said in the item master and then in the supplier catalog I set the item as UOM being Carton of 8 which Contains 8.000 Gallons of Base Units as set up in the Units of Measure control file. But when i run the items to order report, it's still saying I have to order 8. Shouldn't it be telling me I need to order one as in one case of 8?

Thanks again.
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 7:24am

UOM = 1 gal

Reorder at 2

Fill to 8 

Economic order = 8

Buying UOM can be entered in Supplier Catalog. In this case, a PO will be created with PO UOM of 8 automatically.

Serafin54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serafin54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 12:29pm
Scenario:  I buy Bleach in an 8 pack. When it arrives it is broken down into eaches. How do I tell the system to reorder another 8 pack when I get down to 2 gallons?

Thanks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic