Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Move multiple items over warehouse locations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mason_luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Move multiple items over warehouse locations
    Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 11:08pm
dsHi Guys,

Just looking for some advice, i want to use the ABC Inventory manager to maintain my warehouse stock levels, along with consignment customers stock levels..

For this purpose i have set up each new customer as a company owned warehouse (they technically are) and this seems to allow me to report what i am after and shift stock as needed, however the products i move are finicky, a customer will have quite a few different items in small quantities and using the “locate and move” function is really tedious, i was wondering if there is an easier way? ideally using the purchasing system would be perfect where by i create an order, input the item list and then shift it all across at once.. 

Anyway thanks in advance for reading, and if you have a suggestion i would love to hear it!

Cheers,

Luke

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 1:45pm

Hi Luke,

1) For larger clients, you can create a separate dedicated Company in the Software.

2) For smaller clients, create a record in the Orders/Suppliers table for each. Copy the record from the Supplier to customer (Supplier screen, Select Operation at the bottom, copy to customer function). Now, you can receive/ship product from/to this client.  You can also filter all reports by supplier to see what belongs to this client.

As for the movements, use bulk move: Inventory/Locate and Move, set filters, click View, click check box button (top left), click Move. This will move all units from point A to point B.

There is not need to activate multiple warehouses in this setup.

mason_luke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mason_luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 6:13pm
Hi Debra,

thanks for the reply, the main reason i need the virtual locations, is to be able to see at any given time what the customer has in stock on consignment, basically every month i would be sending a stock count form (current stock on hand) then would send back an update count (giving me the units sold) i would then invoice for sold units, and top up sold stock- the issue is that i would rarely be taking units back into my own inventory.. 

The items the customer have each have a different code for style, color and size.. so it gets very hard having to select each item individually to shift into there warehouse/location..

any easier ideas? 
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 6:06am
Wait..I forgot to mention that you need to select your client in the Main Supplier field,  Item Master screen. Now,  you can select this client in the Inventory/Locate and Move screen, the Supplied by list to see all inventory that belongs to the  client. You can also use the clients name in the supplier filter in Units in Stock, Inventory Position Snapshot, Positive and Negative adjustment, Audit Trail and other inventory reports. There is the Supplier Name column. Provide a column filter: Filter=Contains, Starting=ABC for client like "Best ABC Paper". This will cover all your movements and report filtering needs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic