Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInstallation, Updates, Technical Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Locked out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Locked out!
    Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 4:59pm
Need help.... my database has been password protected .... I do not remember doing it and can now not open my inventory...  also do not seem to have a backup which for me is unusual...  what would the file extension be for a backup so I can search my computer for it....  thanks
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 8:39pm
If you not remember, try typing in Windows Login Name, leave the password blank, input new password, verify, click OK.
Freedom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 10:05am
Hi Debra... thanks for the suggestion... I tried exactly as you suggested and nothing...  I also tried input the windows password but nothing....
What do you suggest I try next?  Thank you
Freedom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 10:24am
The request for a key also came up with me as well.   See related post.... http://www.almyta.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5834
I ignored it and carried on.  Now I am locked out.
I tried entering as Debra suggested but nothing.
I then checked and it is only ABC that I downloaded and have installed on this computer, which is a standalone.
I ran the repair function in the Add Remove Program listing for ABC but again nothing.  Program still opens looking for a password and entering Windows one does nada....
I have spent considerable time entering information and learning the program and really like it ...  I hope we can get back on track and find a way to get passed this problem.
Freedom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 11:18am
Ok, back in but now have to put in a Username and password, which has been noted for safety.
I totally removed the program and re-downloaded and re-installed ... I still had the old download file in my system and it was ABC for sure so do not know what happened but I too got the notice about trial ending before it locked me out.
I did a search at the time if I should worry about the notice and was not concerned because everything says ABC is totally free and does not need a key...
Well for now I am back up and running so yay  Clap

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 7:16am

1) You do not need to reinstall the software because you of the problems with the password. Your passwords are not stored in the the software. 

2) Your password and free license are not related. But if you switched to ACS (commercial version), reinstall ABC, open Almyta Company selector, highlight your company, click Maintain, click Update Now. This will get you back to free application.

3) To deactivate security, go to the System/Permissions, remove all administrators. That's it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic