Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInstallation, Updates, Technical Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

ABC Inventory Trial Mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ABC Inventory Trial Mode
    Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 5:02am
Just recently, a pop-up appears while using ABC Inventory indicating the evaluation period has expired and I can register the software.  With the link to the website, the option I see is to purchase ACS.  So far I am not locked out of using ABC, but I am concerned that at some point I will be locked out.

I thought what I downloaded was a free version of ABC Inventory.  Did I select the download improperly, or is the free license for ABC ending?

I have so far been experimenting with the sample company data, but am now just starting to enter my company data.  I am quite impressed with the ABC Inventory software so far, so I would be willing to purchase, but I was hoping to test with my data first.  I had originally purchased the SBS software, but found some features of ABC Inventory such as the supplier catalog and price levels would be very beneficial for me.

Thanks.
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 2:20pm
ABC Inventory does not ask for activation keys. If you install ACS on a top of ABC, you will have ACS and it will ask you for the keys.
Heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 3:44am
Yes, it seems like I installed ACS on top of ABC.  Before creating my new company, I had selected Update at the Company Selector.  I see now that download was for ACS rather than for ABC.  My new company I had just set up was showing the Software Version ACS rather than ABC. 

Now I have reinstalled ABC Inventory, and have my new company opening up as ABC, with a free license.  Looks like the problem is solved. 

I did notice that when selecting Registration at the Company Selector, the License Type was initially shown as Free after reinstalling ABC.  After downloading updates to version 3.12.37Z, (from the Help menu), the License Type shown at the company Selector has changed to Trial Mode.  However, the License type for my company shown at the System menu is fortunately still shown as Free.

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 6:54am
You should be fine. The company selector license is taken from other place. As long as  you open your company and see ABC screen, you are fine.
kwhitcomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwhitcomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 4:36am
I also am reviewing ABC, and I want to confirm it is 100% free and will not expire after a period of time.

Is it limited to a certain number of inventory entries?
leo071288 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leo071288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 10:43am
Is the inventory software free for 1 month only? after a month you cannot access the software without a license? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic