Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesSBS/AID Inventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Inventory Value

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inventory Value
    Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 6:20am
How do I find what the value of my inventory is?  Exactly how is the inventory value calculated?  Is there a report?  The reason I ask is this:  I went to item master, reports, more reports, units in stock and then used the sum function in the price paid column.  I got a total.  The problem is that I have also been tracking the inventory by hand while learning the program.  The beginning inventory value equals the AID value.  The sales and purchase calculations equal the AID value.  When I calculate by hand the beginning inventory + purchases - sales  there is a value difference in the AID program.  Why? 
Thanks.
Kim
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 7:23am

Setting aside the "Charges Paid", how do you count sales? If you count price from sales orders, this would not be correct. The formula should be

[Current Value]=[Starting Value]+[Cost of  Received  Goods]-[Cost of Sold Goods], 

where the Cost of Received Goods  is  a purchase order price of goods bought and 

the  Cost of Sold Goods  is a purchase order price of sold products. 

HarryLee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Debra Debra wrote:

Setting aside the "Charges Paid", how do you count sales? If you count price from sales orders, this would not be correct. The formula should be

[Current Value]=[Starting Value]+[Cost of  Received  Goods]-[Cost of Sold Goods], 

where the Cost of Received Goods  is  a purchase order price of goods bought and 

the  Cost of Sold Goods  is a purchase order price of sold products. 

Once try the given method and its the best information. Good job.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic