Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

It is frozen by a cycle count in progress

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It is frozen by a cycle count in progress
    Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 3:22pm
I have done something wrong...  I have no idea what it means, frozen cycle count in progress....  HELP please....  I somehow changed a test PO from Almyta into one that shows one of my suppliers.  I wanted to do a quick negative entry to try and remove the items from that vendor but keep getting the frozen by a cycle count in progress message...  I also do not seem to be able to pull up that PO again..
Sorry but I am a raw rookie at inventory and inventory systems and trying to work my way through building a system for my tea business...
Thanks in advance
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 3:58pm
You started a Cycle Count but never finished it. Until you finish it, you cannot move your inventory. Go to the Inventory, Reconcile menu.  This will get you to the screen with filters. There will be button called Release. Use it to unfreeze your inventory. 
Freedom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 12:34pm
Sleepy  Thanks again...  what is the cycle count and when should it be done?  Also what is the results once you do the release as suggested?
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:49am
Cycle counts invented for doing physical inventory by a regular staff. It is "physical counts in stages": today locations A001-A999. In a month, B001-B999. In one one year, you count everything. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic