Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Batch deleting inventory items

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batch deleting inventory items
    Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 8:54pm
Hi there. I'm brand new and have been demoing the software for about week.

I can't seem to figure out how to bulk delete inventory items. If I have a CSV file of 100-200 Item ID's that are discontinued, how do I match these and remove (delete) them from inventory?

I've tried multiple ways and can't seem to figure this out, other than delete one by one, but teven thenthey still show up in my master file with a big "DELETED" note?

thanks

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 2:42pm
No, you cannot physically delete items in a batch mode. There is only the Trashcan button for a single item delete. 
jofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 12:39pm
Wow, I'm really surprised by this. I thought this software might work for our small business, but we can't be deleting large volumes of items one by one.

thanks for the info

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 6:53am
 If you buy a license, we will give you a free add-in for it. However, free software does not run the add-ins. If you have full MS Access, open acsd312.data file, open Parts table, and delete whatever you need.  
jofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 10:17pm
Ah Ok. Do I need to buy a license to add custom fields too?

I do have MS access
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 12:06pm
There are some hidden fields that you can unhide. See Help/Advanced document for this. You add your own fields with no license. If you want to add than to the screens, you would have to buy a license and pay for customization as well. The reports can show your custom fields with or without the license.
jofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 11:17am
When I click on "help->Advanced" it says "this file cannot be found" (I get this error message for all help files). where might I find information on making my own fields?

thanks

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 8:03am
PDF documents available in English only. If you switch the app language, you will see the "not found" message. Then you have a choice to go to our website to this page: http://almyta.com/help.asp  I am not sure why you choose not to go. Anyway, manual 3, Renaming, Hiding, Showing fields on the Form-Like screens.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic