Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Selling a set of items at a reduced cost

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling a set of items at a reduced cost
    Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 6:52am
Scenario - there are a set of items that make up a kit.  there are several 5 variations options to these kits.  I have the list price in the inventory master set as the selling price for the individual parts so when I sell them seperately the price is correct.  When a customer purchases one of the specified kit combinations, the total price of that set of items is reduced.  Currently I have been doing this using work orders linked at the sales order line to create the kit various kits so that it will roll up the costs accurately.  I find the work order in this method to be cumbersome as I'm not really assembling anything, its just a collection of parts, so I am looking for a way to use the kit function where I can enter the kit on the sales order (Line ITem tab, Kit# field) and have it add all the items onto the order but ata reduced price to reflect the kit total.

If I sell an individual part to a customer, it should be at normal price.  Selling a kit to the same customer that includes the same part would be reduced slighlty to reflect the kit price.

Example:
Kit-Deluxe contain 5 items in the kit and as a kit sells for $100.  The five items have individual selling prices of $53, $26, $11, $4.50, $15.50.  So sold individually the sales prices total $110, but I advertise that if bought as a kit the price is $100 total.

I'm open to all ideas, but the concept would be to have it as automated as possible.  I currently am not utilizing price levels, all customers are at the same price level.

Dane
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 11:27am
You could create a non-inventory item (service type), call it a discount, set a negative price for it (-$1), add discount to your kits specifying a discount amount in units (like 10 units for $10 discount per kit).
timjea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 5:41pm
Well thats a neat idea.
So all the individual parts would be listed at their regular cost, then the kit discount part would display as a credit line of sorts.
The service item could be added as a component to the kit so that it would be added to the order automatically jsut like the real components.
I think I like this approach.

Thank you - two thumbs up!

Dane
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic