Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesSBS/AID Order Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Allocating Buying Expenses to Items on PO's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allocating Buying Expenses to Items on PO's
    Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 1:07pm
Hi,  I am wondering it there is a way in SBS to allocate purchasing-related expenses to specific items on purchase orders.  I am mainly concerned with shipping charges.  I read the post from last August,"Adding Shipping Costs?" which describes a good way to account for shipping and other costs as a whole using separate non-inventory items.  But, I was hoping to allocate shipping and other expenses to specific items so those expenses could be tracked by item, perhaps adding to taxes paid on purchase orders tabulated in the "Charges Paid" or "Buying Expense" columns that are available in some of the inventory reports.

Thank You.

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 10:04am
If you add a non-inventory line item to a PO, the software will prompt you how to allocate the costs among the inventory items at a receiving time. Choose one. You do not have a choice to allocate cost for some items but skip others. If you need to do so, allocate costs  manually after you received the product. In the Item Master, find the desired item, switch to the  Units in Stock Tab, make sure the column Added Cost is visible (use the Grid button) and modify the cost for an appropriate units. Added Cost should be entered "per unit", not per row.
Heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 12:11pm
I see now!  Never realized a non-inventory item could be used to allocate costs among other items on a purchase order, or that the Item Master was so versatile.   Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic