Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Assembly Parts Separation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assembly Parts Separation
    Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 1:09pm
Hi,

I would like to order/receive an assembly in my inventory that is consists of several different pieces.  For the purchase order, I would like for it to appear as a single line item. 

After the item is received and logged in, I would like to break it down into the separate pieces and track them separately.   

Is there an easy way to do this in the software?

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 5:47am

You need to

1. add components and the product to the Item Master

2. add components to the product in bill of materials

3. create a purchase order, buy and receive the product

4. find the product received (item master/double-click in stock for instance), select the product by using a checkbox on the left, use the Disassemble button.

vance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 10:40am
Thank you for your response.  I was able to use disassemble to separate the parts.  

Is possible to have serial number and cost information transfer to the individual parts?  It appears that this is lost when the parts are separated.

Thanks again!
vance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 10:56am
Ok, I figured out that I can enter the cost and serials in the item detail for the primary component.  This will work well for us.  Thank you again for your help!
jrstock97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrstock97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Debra Debra wrote:

You need to

1. add components and the product to the Item Master

2. add components to the product in bill of materials

3. create a purchase order, buy and receive the product

4. find the product received (item master/double-click in stock for instance), select the product by using a checkbox on the left, use the Disassemble button.

could you please explain how to do this? I am having trouble figuring out how to make something a product and how to make things componets.
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 5:25am

An assembly is an item with "make" selected for the Main Supplier.

A component is an item with an actual supplier or no supplier selected  for the Main Supplier. 

Creating a BOM explained here:

http://www.almyta.com/v3/article_c1.asp?sc=no&c=lesson9&l=en

Sherif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 3:50am
I have tried  what Debra said but I have found that "when disassemble the received product, I will not be able to select what parts to be receive back to the warehouse and what will not be received back "junk parts""...... is there is a way to do that??

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic