Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Kit prices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriswhicher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kit prices
    Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 10:27am
Hi All,
First off what a fantastic software package. I am using it to show what a system like this could do for our company and it gets a big thumbs up

My question is i need to create several kits that also use inventory we see individually.
The problem is I want to make the kit a set price and not the sum total of the individual items.
Is this possible and if so can you explain where i am going wrong.

For example 
Kit 1 is a plug 1, cable 3 and crimp 2 and i want the price to be what is set in the item master list for Kit 1 
not plug 1+cable 3+ crimp 2

also on a quote or invoice all the individual items appear rather than the kit  sku and description is this normal?

look forward to hearing back from you

Chris
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 7:26am

Chris, thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate users' opinions and especially positive ones!

When you create kits on the Bill of Materials screen, you can

1. use it to calculate how fast you can assemble (deliver) a batch and at what cost to you: Just in Time (JIT) button on the BOM screen.

2. Sell it as a kit by selecting it in the Kit field on the Sales Order screen, Line Items tab. This is what you are doing. 

3. Pre-assemble it, and sell as a single product. This is what you are asking about. To do this. Add the kit to the line items (select in the Item ID of the line item, but not in the kit) specify number of units, click the Work Order button and create  work order(s), make sure the WO Number field is visible in the SO line items (use Blue Grid button, top, left), double-click the WO Number cell in the SO line items, switch to the Warranty/Status tab on the WO screen, change status to the Open, Scheduled, or Started, click Issue Parts button (bottom-left), click Load All button, click the Issue button. This seems like lots of buttons, but in reality it takes ten seconds. Now you can ship your kit as a finished product.

chriswhicher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriswhicher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 8:57am
Fantastic many thanks for the reply,

Just another question,
How easy is it to adjust the printed invoices, quotes ect. Im not talking about the reports more what you send to the customer. 
There is a couple of bits i could do with adding and removing.
Any advice would be great.

Many thanks and keep up the great work :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic