Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesUser Interface and Navigation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Multi User account

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RHN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multi User account
    Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 9:44am
hi, good day! i all ready purchase multiuser license how to work and install to other computer?? please help me on this, thanks
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 11:13am
Hi RHN,

Thank you for purchasing AID. Install AID on all PCs which you need the software to run on.

1. On your first PC, where the data currently is, start Almyta Company selector, select your company, and click the Move to LAN button. Browse your network for shared folder like \\server\share\a\b\c and select it. Your local company will be moved to the network.

2. For each other PC, you can either double-click the New Company, select Link to Existing Company, and browse to the \\server\share\a\b\c\#MyCompany# folder OR simply copy folder
c:\AlmytaSystems\#MyCompany# from first PC into c:\AlmytaSystems\ folder on each  PC

Edited by BillD - 23 Nov 2011 at 11:15am
RHN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RHN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 12:39pm
thanks, BillD i got it! its working now ...but why my system now getting slow when i making transaction and run data? i already installed in five computer. what is OLE i can't change my logo...thanks and more power
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 3:30pm
In multi-user mode, the software speed depends on the network speed and server speed. It means, there are two more variables involved.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 3:36pm

Regarding the logos and OLEs. Go to the Help/AID manual, page 8. Please note that you need to use Windows Paint program to open, copy, and paste the logos. The Windows Paint is a key here, because it is available on all Windows PCs, so the image can be managed by any application properly.

Edited by admin - 10 Jul 2012 at 3:15pm
Greenegrape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 10:37am
. On your first PC, where the data currently is, start Almyta Company selector, select your company, and click the Move to LAN button. Browse your network for shared folder like \\server\share\a\b\c and select it. Your local company will be moved to the network.

Hi Bill

I tried to do this but it  did show on on the network in the share folder, however, i cannot find the open it or get it linked to any other pc in the offce and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

thank you much

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:05am
even if i go where I put it on the network on the very pc I set up, I cannot open it from the network link. I am messing up badly.  Help please Bill.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 3:23pm
To move your data, in AID Company selector, (1) highlight the company and click the Move to LAN button. (2) The Browse for Folder dialog window opens. (3) Browse your network and select a folder where you want your data to reside. (4) Click the OK button. (5) Your data should be moved.

Which step are you having problem with?

Edited by BillD - 10 Jul 2012 at 3:24pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 4:19pm
ok I did all the steps and it was successfull. However I cannot open it from the network or on via the other pc's that I need it for. That is the step i have problem with.  It showing up as file that I cannot open in any program.

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 6:10pm
Okay, now to link other PCs to your networked company,
1. Install AID on thenxt PC.
2. Start AID Company Selector
3. Double-click New Company
4. Choose Link to an Existing Company
5. Browse your network and select #My Company# folder.

Which step is not working?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 9:12am
I did all of the steps correctly but its giving me an error when I click on the company in the network.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 9:42am
It is giving this error
" This is not a valid company folder. #company name# folder name has been expected"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 11:30am
Now I think that i messed up by placing the entire Almyta folder on the network and trying to open it via the other pc

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 11:44am
You need to select a folder named #Your company# on the network. I do not know your company name, but in the example, it is #AID Test#. Also make sure, you are running latest software version. Today it is 1.1x.123

Edited by BillD - 11 Jul 2012 at 11:47am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 11:51am
I did all the correct steps and it still was not working.  So I decide to try to copy and paste version that i just now read about again and that one work.

Thanks for all your help and I do apologise for all the trouble.

Thanks a lot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic