Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesUser Interface and Navigation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Inventory Data Input via Batch Scanner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inventory Data Input via Batch Scanner
    Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 4:16am
Due to multiple storage locations, it is necessary to use a hand-held batch scanner that can be downloaded via a USB connection to the host computer.  How is this accomplished in Almyta inventory program..?

Thanks, Larry
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 5:16am

SBS supports scanners. Update your SBS to version 136. There will Scanner button on the top, right of the dashboard. Sample data files can be downloaded from here: 

The device can be found here: 
[

but it will work with other devices as well.
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 5:52pm
Debra, 

Thanks for your information.  I am evaluating Almyta Systems Inventory Software for a small to mid-sized flooring firm in Maine.  

You mentioned updating SBS to version 136... Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what is SBS and can I download a demo version of the inventory program that can handle a 'batch scanner'...?  I'd like to recommend Almyta ABC Inventory, but I'd like to examine it from a hands-on standpoint.  

Another question is:  Can the titles of the fields be edited to suit the customer..?  As far as I can determine, MS Access uses an overlay by Almyta...  Is this true..?  

Thanks again, Larry
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 8:17am

Larry,

You have posted your question in the "SBS and AID Software packages" forum. If you are talking about ABC Inventory software, it should be in a different place. All our software packages handle batch scanners, but in a different way. In ABC Inventory, labels can be renamed. Which software are we talking about?  

Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 4:40am
Hi Debra,

I am evaluating ABC Inventory software.  My limited knowledge of inventory software has caused some confusion in terms of which forum to use.  Which forum should I use to learn about ABC..?

Once again, thanks for your help..

...Larry
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 6:29am
Larry, In ABC, you can change column names. This is described in Help/Advanced, page 28 and down. However, without our help it can be a bit cryptic.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic