Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Meat Inventory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 11:10am
Hi Bill,

I have decided to purchase a multi-user license for ACS. These are pre-purchase 
questions, more of a yes/no rather than a how-to:

1. Can we customize to be able to recategorize Item IDs to correct mistakes? Example
encoder was in the middle of entering line items then tried to create a new item on 
the fly. The screen would not show the item in the drop down after it was created so 
another itemID was entered since there were a lot of line items involved. In other 
words the screen would not refresh to show the new item in the drop-down.

2. Can a breakdown or disassembly function be added so we don't have to "consume the 
live and receive the sides, then consume the sides then receive the quarters, then 
consume the quarters then receive the primals? Along the line we lose traceability of 
the items' serial/Tag number. We would like to avoid having to remember/list down/copy 
the serial numbers and transfer them to the new items created.

3. Can we have a Maturity Date appear in reports?

4. Can we have a Maturing Inventory Report?

5. Can the maturity date be variable for items? Can we set it to the number of days we 
want after receiving, similar to different price Levels? We may want to age for 0,14, 
21 or 30 days. Not all items need to be aged.

6. We want to print out inventory labels with a)ItemID, Serial1, Units, Unit Price and 
Total Amount  or b) ItemID, Serial1, Units, when we receive the items by PO or Direct 
Receive. What label size can accomodate this information and can you help us format 
this?

7. Can we scan items by barcodes into the sales order screen?

8. When issuing sales, the selection window opens and allows you to filter the items 
by Lot/Serial for easier selection. Can we add a filter field to filter Location?

9. Can we fix reports and/or screens to maintain 3 decimals? Presently 1.500 becomes 

Thanks.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 4:24pm
Thank you, RF!

1. In other  words the screen would not refresh to show the new item in the drop-down.

If a dropdown list does not refresh after adding a new record, press F5 key or Home/Refresh menu.

2. Can a breakdown or disassembly function be added.

Yes, but we need to update the software. We can do it in a month.

3. Can we have a Maturity Date appear in reports?

Yes.

4. Can we have a Maturing Inventory Report?

Yes.

5. Can the maturity date be variable for items? Can we set it to the number of days we
want after receiving, similar to different price Levels? We may want to age for 0,14,
21 or 30 days. Not all items need to be aged.

Yes, by Item ID.

6. We want to print out inventory labels with a)ItemID, Serial1, Units, Unit Price and
Total Amount  or b) ItemID, Serial1, Units, when we receive the items by PO or Direct
Receive. What label size can accomodate this information and can you help us format
this?

how many characters your Serial and Item ID contain?

7. Can we scan items by barcodes into the sales order screen?

Yes, Item ID

8. When issuing sales, the selection window opens and allows you to filter the items
by Lot/Serial for easier selection. Can we add a filter field to filter Location?

Yes.

9. Can we fix reports and/or screens to maintain 3 decimals? Presently 1.500 becomes

System/Options, tab 5, field 17. Set it to 3.

rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 7:02pm
Hi Bill,

That's great! I am just traveling now and using my phone to answer you but I will get to a stable internet connection on Dec 9 (It is the 6th here). I will do the license purchase then.

1. We would still like a recategorize function added if possible. I foresee problems with the encoding and we may want to recategorize on the fly along the line. 

2. No problem on the time frame you mentioned.

6. Let me check on the serial number characters when I get back to home office.

9. Sorry I was not more specific. I had already set the system options to 3 decimals. It happens in the list you select items from for the sales order (when you press >>).

Thanks again. The networked-unlimited user license is a go.

RF

rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 3:23am
Hi Bill,

I have my license. Do I input that into the registration screen of ABC or do I download the 30 day trial of ACS and input it there?

I resummarized our operation below:
We purchase live animals (beef, pork, chicken), carcasses, and choice cuts.

Live animals are kept in Location 1 and slaughtered as needed resulting in left and right sides of a carcass which are kept in Location 2.

As needed, the sides (1 or more or all) are quartered into left forequarter, right forequarter, left hindquarter and right hindquarter. Sometimes all or some hindquarters are moved to Location 3 for breakdown into primals while the forequarters are left in Location 2.Some primals from the hindquarters in Location 3 are immediately shipped to Location 4 and 5 while other primals remain in Location 3.

Next day or so, all or some forequarters in Location 2 are moved to Location 3 for breakdown into primals. Some primals are immediately shipped to Location 4 and 5 while other primals remain in Location 3.

We then enter sales of primals in Location 4 and 5 to arrive at remaining inventory in said locations.

We would like to be able to disassemble the animal (example serial BIG1234) into left and right carcass sides keeping the assigned Tag/Serial number of the live animal, adding an L or R to the serial to differentiate left and right side sources.(BIG1234 becomes BIG1234L and BIG1234R). Any other naming method is acceptable as long as we achieve the traceablity we desire.

We would then like to be able to disassemble the left and right sides into left forequarter, right forequarter, left hindquarter and right hindquarter keeping the assigned Tag/Serial number of the the side's new serial adding an F or H. (BIG1234L becomes BIG1234LF and BIG1234LH)

We would like to be able to disassemble the said quarters into primals keeping the assigned Tag/Serial number of the source quarters.

Can we add CATEGORY to report filters?

Can we add "starts with, does not start with, is like, is not like" to report filters?

Can we put a date field in the move screens? Or is there a reason for its absence?

We would like to be able to subcategorize items if possible. 

Sample ItemIDs are: (We prefix B for Beef as we plan to add Pork and Chicken later. 

Pork would have the same disassembly but only up to sides. Chicken would be whole)
BLS for Beef Left Side
BRS for Beef Right  Side
BFL for Beef Forequarter Left
BFR for Beef Forequarter Right
BHL for Beef Hindquarter Left
BHR for Beef Hindquarter Right
B+PrimalName for Primals

We would also like to be able to keep track of our other supplies (plastic bags, shrink wrap, styrofoam trays, gloves, cleaning supplies, ingredients for meat processing). Should we make another company file for these items or keep them in the same company?

rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 3:24am
Thanks.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 1:08pm
Thank you for purchasing a multi-user license. I will take a closer look at your suggestions and let you know how it goes with the improvements.
Please download ACS from this page http://www.almyta.com/downloads.asp
and use it on new PCs.
On the PC where ABC is installed, download this file
http://www.almyta.com/downloads/zipped_upd_312_24C.exe
into c:\almytaSystems
Start Almyta Company Selector two times. On a second time, select your company, click Maintain, click update now.
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 10:30pm
Hi Bill,

Thanks. We are up and running. 

In system/options/9. Data Access/Default Record Locking, it is set to "No Locks". Shall I keep it here or set it to "Edited Record"?

Do I continue posting her or do I sue the support email?

Thanks.

RF
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic