Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Meat Inventory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 5:52am
Hi Bill,

Is it possible to delete the default Adjustment Codes that come with the software when you start a new company? Assembled, Cycle Count, Warehouse Appointment Receive, PO Receive.

Thanks.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 10:12am
Rf,
No, they are used by the system. Deleting them will make the software unusable.
- bill
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 10:29am
>>Is it possible to rename those extra fields in the reports, e.g. strOpt1, etc?
Thanks.

On the Report Selector screen (All Reports), find Import/Export buttons located to the left of the Report Type dropdown list. Select a report and click the Export button. open Exported report with the Windows Note pad. Search for the strOp1 field in there. If it says ,strOpt1, change it to this strOpt1 AS [MyName]. If it says strOp1 AS [strOpt1], change it to strOpt1 AS [MyName]. Save the file and Import using the second button.

To change the strOpt1 name on a spreadsheet like data screens, go to C:\AlmytaSystems\#Your Company#\Screens. Make sure the screen, that you are changing, is closed. Open a file with an appropriate name. Rename the last column from strOpt1  to My Name. Save the file.

To change a name on other screens, go to the Help/Advanced manual. See

Renaming, Hiding, Showing fields.

rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 7:32am
Hi Bill,

Thank you for the reply. I congratulate you and Almyta for this software. It is great and I would recommend it to anyone looking for Inventory Software. Congratulations also on your handling of the forum. Thank you for your patience.

RF
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 9:02pm
Hi Bill,

I was looking around the System/Default Documents and Screens and in Inventory Labels there is an item Avery 416. I have not found any Avery 416 label in the Avery Website. The only reference I can find to a 416 label is a round one in the UK. Is this label known by another code or name?

Can we change the item/s that come out in a label? For Example ID, serial, qty.

In System/Barcode Formats, there are several definitions. How does one use them? I cannot see the effect of checking "default format" in them or maybe I am missing it.

Thanks.

RF
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 10:24pm
Hi Bill,

I opened the Inventory/Alternate Parts screen just to explore and the Window Title said "Alternate Parts For 10 WCS (Sliced Water Chestnuts in #10 Can)". I was able to change it to "Alternate Parts" but I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 3:55pm
Hello RF,

Thank you for the good words about this software.

As I mentioned before,  we are not supporting labels in ABC. This would be a tough thing to do, because everyone needs something unique. The Avery 416 has been probably discontinued. There is a replacement. To find out what it is, select this label and preview on screen printing 10-20 labels. Compare the print out to the Avery (or any other supplier) templates on the net. You should be able to see it. The labels are available but rather renamed.

The barcode Definitions is for scanning barcodes and importing receivers from handheld devices. There is a Barcode button on the receiving, issuing, and moving screens. It brings up a default barcode definition. this can be used to scan bacrodes into screen or import scanned data from a handheld in previously defined format. The default barcode definition is getting loaded automatically. If there are more than one default for a barcode type, the first found one will be loaded.

rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 6:43pm
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 7:31pm
RF, it appears there is still problem with sorting. You were right noticing it. Sometimes it sorts by all columns somethimes it sorts by first only. It has been fixed. The change will come with next update. thanks!
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 6:14pm
Hi Bill,

I was trying to use the currency converter. I followed the instructions in the manual- regional settings set, adding check to currency conversions in system/system and adding currency symbol to system/defaults/Currency Symbol (also tried this blank so it would pick up regional settings). I am in the Philippines and would like to make the Philippine Peso (Php, P) my default currency. I change the Sys Cur Code in System/Countries and Currencies to Php. I add Philippines to list of countries and ots currency code and symbol.

Then when i try to use supplier's currency in PO, software asks me to update rates, close window and F5 to refresh. However the software still acts as if the USD is the main default currency equal to 1.

I changed Php to 1.000 and added the conversion rate of Php to USD. However rates change when I update.

Did I do something wrong in the process? How can I use the Phil Peso as default when it does the conversions? The cur symbol on the screens show the correct symbol P.

Thanks.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 1:11pm
I have checked it. Rates do change. You do not need to add your currency to the list, because it will be a default. If it is there now, tick the USE swith off. At the Top Left of the Currencies screen, input PHP for Philippine Peso. Try the UPdate button.
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 5:52pm
Hi Bill,

I would like USD, AUD and EURO to still be ticked or used as we sometimes purchase industry-related items in these currencies.

Tried your suggestion anyway. Unticked all and I got error #974 Currencies cannot be updated now. If internet is okay, report to Almyta. Had to tick at least 1 and rates still changed based on USD as base currency.

I find that if I input the conversions and do not update, it works as it should. But I would have to manually change the conversions periodically.

Thanks.

RF
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 6:13pm
Correction - "Had to tick at least 1 and rates still changed based on USD as base currency.". 

Result was USD came back as 1.875 when it should have been 0.0228 when Php was sys cur on left top box of window.

I put USD back in Sys Cur then ticked 1 other currency and it updated to USD=1.000 with the corresponding rate for the other currency.

Thanks.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:25pm
We are pulling rates from a website, which may or maynot serve Philippines.

I meant, only PHP currency the USE should be OFF in the list. Others are on/off.

When PHP is in top left as a sys currency and USD is ticked, the rate comes up as 1.875, right? It comes 0.022.. here. 
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 9:34pm
Hi Bill,

Yes, .0228. . . is the correct conversion if Php is the sys cur. Wonder why it won't come out here? Maybe the software is set to get rates based on USD as sys cur and not as whatever currency is set at the top left field sys cur. Anyway will try to tinker with the settings and see if it will come out correctly.

Thanks.

RF

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:22am
Thank you for letting us know, RF. You can always change the numbers manually.

There is a problem with this update in Philippines. Here is what you should see.

Edited by BillD - 01 Dec 2011 at 9:27am
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:47am
Hi Bill,

Good news! The currency update works correctly now. I had been using Php as sys cur when it was not reporting correctly. Thanks to the image you sent, I changed Php to PHP and it updates correctly. I guess it is case-sensitive.

I noticed something in the Shipping/Sales Order form. When you enter the item ID, the Available field then adds the qty ordered to the Available field. Then when you get to the next Line Item and you enter the qty for that next line item, it then shows the correct available qty for the previous line item.
This is okay until you get to the last line, then the available field wont show the correct qty because you won't be inputting any more lines.

However, when you press issue and complete the shipping/sales order, it does its job correctly anyway. Just thought I would mention it as it can throw off the encoder. Don't know what causes it though.

Thanks again.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 5:34pm
Click on the line above the last. This will probably do it.
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 5:54pm
Hi Bill,

It wont do it. It only works when you get into the next line and start typing in the ItemID box. It wont update even if you start retyping in the ItemID box in a previous line. What does work is pressing the re-sort by ItemID button.

Is there a field I can use that will calculate a date 14 days from the Rcv date? We age our beef and I want to see the date I will stop ageing the cut in the Units in Stock report, for example.

I am thinking it should be in the Item Master record. I understand there are some unused fields there. Is this correct or should it just be a calculated field in the report? But then how do I add that field to the report.

Thanks.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 11:01am
Hi RF,

For the aging report you can use Inventory Reports/Expiring Inventory. Set filter for the
[receiving date] <= [today-14] - the date must be spelled out like 2/12/2011 if it was Dec 16th

There is a way to automate this report, but it is our policy not to do it for ABC. I mean, I cannot do it here.

Edited by BillD - 02 Dec 2011 at 11:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic