Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Meat Inventory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meat Inventory
    Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 9:14pm
Hi BillD,

I sell beef and pork. I receive wholesale and then cut up in retail.
1.       I need to link the primals to the carcasses they came from so I can trace their origin

a.       Each primal has to have a unique ID.

b.      Presently I assign the carcass number they came from to Serial1.

c.       I assign their BIN location to Serial2.

d.      I put the weight of the primal in the Units field otherwise the report summary just counts the units and totals the weights.

e.      I need to see each item individually when I run a “Units in Stock” report.

2.       I would like to track inventory of the warehouse and the 2 stores. I cannot track the movements if the stores are classified as “warehouses”. (You did show me the inventory snapshot and audit trail)  Can I print out a report of each movement just like a shipping report? I presently assign them as Customers and ship them the Primals. I can then track the movement of Primals I send each store. I would like to treat stores 1 and 2 as warehouses so I can also track sales from them..

3.       I trim Primals for sale, so the trimmings end up as another product- ground beef or ground sirloin. How do I track these by-products from the Primals they came from?

4.       Some meat is also processed into cured or marinated products from Primals. 
 What is the best way of using the software for my situation?

Thanks.

RF

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 6:24pm
Hi RF,
a. Okay
b. Okay
c. Why BIN location goes to the Serial 2 instead of the Warehouse Location? You can create warehouse location using the Inventory/Warehause Locations screen. Switch the software back to use a single warehouse. Create warehouse locations prefixed with W for the warehouse with 1 and 2 (or A, B) for the stores. If you do not care where a particular product is located at the store, create only two locations like S1 and S2.
d. Okay
e. you will

If it is important split primals into other products. When doing so, assign the original serial to each piece.  Just copy and paste the number.

When you ship products to stores, just move them to location S1 or S2.

When products get sold, receive a list of what was sold at each store, create sales orders. It could be one per store per day. Input all items, quanties, and prices. Use the Issue button, and on the issue screen, pick serials for each item sold. This will give you backward and forward tracability, acurate inventory reports, sales profit/loss reports.

rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 8:24pm
Hi BillD,

Thanks for the great tips! 

I can list the chiller shelves (BIN Locations) as warehouse locations, A1,A2. . B1, B2. . etc.

How can I use the Category field best? Presently I have them as Hind and fore only but I plan to change that to Beef and Pork. This way I can input both beef and pork as well as other types of product. In the beginning I was only planning to do beef. Does this make sense?

BTW can I access the data with Crystal Reports? How do I go about this? 

RF
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 12:25am
Hi BillD,

In a report, I checked the boxes for A-Z for both Serial and ItemID then changed the sort priority by trying to give Serial field priority over Item ID field. It would sort first by Serial but would not sort secondarily by ItemID. The sort priority control has 5 listed for all fields so I just played around with that, trying 1,2, keepping 5 for the rest but had the same results.

Thanks.

RF
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 1:16am
Hi BillD,

It's me again. When I split the primals into other products, what function do I use? Kits, BOM or something else?
Thanks.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 11:24am

No, you cannot split using BOM. You need to consume a carcass by going to Inventory/Direct Issue and receive primals by going to Inventory/Direct Receive. The same you can do with primals. Use direct issue to comsume and derect receive  to receive the cuts. COnsume cuts and other products by creating Sales Order one per store per day.

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 11:28am
Hi RF!

You did everything right.  What is the report name?

- bill

Yuo wrote, In a report, I checked the boxes for A-Z for both Serial and ItemID

Edited by BillD - 23 Nov 2011 at 11:30am
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 11:33am
"How can I use the Category field best? Presently I have them as Hind and fore only but I plan to change that to Beef and Pork. This way I can input both beef and pork as well as other types of product. In the beginning I was only planning to do beef. Does this make sense?

You can go this way for categories or use it for product types, carcasses, primals, etc.

BTW can I access the data with Crystal Reports? How do I go about this? "

No, not with the promotional license. Yes, with the licensed software.

rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 5:11pm
Hi BillD,

I tried in the following reports: Inventory Units in Stock, Inventory Audit Trail, All Inventory Adjustments. It seems like a general problem for all the reports, but that is just my opinion.

When do we use "cycle count" adj code? When I check inventory? 

Can I make my own adj codes? Example is "Breakdown" when I consume a carcass and when I receive the primals. Another would be "Spoilage" if I need to deduct items from the inventory if the cut has blood clots or freezer burn.

In the Direct Receive form, the grid button shown other fields we can use. What are fields strOp1- strOpt4, shade (color?) and ynOpt1? Just curious.

There are also "packs" and Packages". What is the difference of the two?

When one opens the direct receive form, the window top margin says "Received against purchase order P00068 - Warehouse Nevada- Warehouse Nevada - Warehouse (no warehouse selected) - Warehouse [name of warehouse]". Can this be removed?

Thanks.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 6:12pm
I tried in the following reports: Inventory Units in Stock, Inventory Audit Trail, All Inventory Adjustments. It seems like a general problem for all the reports, but that is just my opinion.

This is a problem when first sorting column does not have a value, the second column is not getting properly sorted. We will look into it and fix in the next update. Thank you.

When do we use "cycle count" adj code? When I check inventory?

If you counted you inventory in a location or otherwise and now inputting it into computer.

Can I make my own adj codes? Example is "Breakdown" when I consume a carcass and when I receive the primals. Another would be "Spoilage" if I need to deduct items from the inventory if the cut has blood clots or freezer burn.

Yes, of course. Inventory/Warehouse Locations/Positive (Negative) Adj Codes.

In the Direct Receive form, the grid button shown other fields we can use. What are fields strOp1- strOpt4, shade (color?) and ynOpt1? Just curious.

OPtional columns where you can keep additional info.

There are also "packs" and Packages". What is the difference of the two?

The packs is number of packages. The package is a container type. 5 catons. Where each carton contains 50 lbs of meat. 250 lbs of meat can be packed into 5 cartons.

When one opens the direct receive form, the window top margin says "Received against purchase order P00068 - Warehouse Nevada- Warehouse Nevada - Warehouse (no warehouse selected) - Warehouse [name of warehouse]". Can this be removed?

No, this screen has been saved with a wrong title. We will fix it in the next update shortly. Thanks again for the catch!

Edited by BillD - 23 Nov 2011 at 6:13pm
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:28am
Hi Bill,

Thank you for the reply and you are welcome.

Is it possible to edit the ItemID? Program would not let me do it but am asking in case there is a way.

I was going to start all my Beef Items with a B and Pork Items with a P so I could filter reports. I didn't see the Category field in the reports that I could use to filter only beef or only pork if I categorized them as Beef Primals or Pork Primals.

If none I guess i will have to input new items and close out the old ones.

Thanks again.

RF
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 7:33am
Hi Bill,

Is it at all possible to set the decimal places in the packing list?

I inputted the store sales in Sales order, clicked issue, selected the items from the >> list, then clicked issue again. Packing list appeared but units were rounded off to a whole number (no decimal places). 

Thanks.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 10:06am

>>Is it possible to edit the ItemID? 

Yes, Data/Modify Item ID menu.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:56pm
Yes, the packing list with serial numbers prints quantities with no decimals. We have made a few adjustments to the software. You can download the updates by going to Help/Download Updates. All little things have been adjusted. Thank you for noticing this stuff.
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 6:27pm
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the adjustments. Everything is working well. I will mention that the net weight and gross weight fields in that packing list print with 1 decimal place. I don't use them because I need to rely on the units field but it may matter to you or other users. Sorry for the nitpicking. Hope it has not annoyed anyone.

Thanks again.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 1:02pm
Hi RF,

To remove the gross and net weights from the packing lists, go to the System/Options screen, tab 4, fields 27 and 28. Turn them off.

Edited by BillD - 25 Nov 2011 at 1:03pm
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 6:04pm
Hi Bill,

Thanks for that tip. 

All Inventory Adjustments, Negative Inventory Adjustments and Positive Inventory Adjustments Reports do not follow sort procedures chosen, similar to the problem we earlier had. I entered a sales order for a date, then entered a second sale for the same date, for example late reported  sales, then tried to sort the report by date to see the total daily sale but it would stick to sorting by reference. Then tried the sorting in the other inventory adjustment reports and found they would also not sort according to the items ticked.

Thanks.

RF
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 6:40pm
The all Adjustment will not sort. There is a problem with MS Access. It does not depend on us. You can output it to Excel and resort it in a way that you want. The Positive and Negative Inventory Adjustments do sort alright. Make sure you setup sort priorities properly.
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 9:11pm
Thanks Bill.

RF
rf744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 5:10am
Hi Bill,

Is it possible to rename those extra fields in the reports, e.g. strOpt1, etc?
Thanks.

RF
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic