Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesSBS/AID Inventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Company won't open on LAN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarasan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Company won't open on LAN
    Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 10:57am
I can browse to it over the LAN it has permissions yet it gives the error "This is not a valid company folder #Company Name# folder name has been expected."  It is a licensed version and works on 1 client.

Thanks in advance! 
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 11:08am
You said, works on 1 client.
Works with data on LAN?
jarasan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarasan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 11:21am

Yes.

jarasan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarasan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 2:18pm
Here is some more background the AID software was installed and working on Jan 14, 2013, on this non connecting computer and the person didn't use it since.  They decided today to "check it out" today and see how it operates,  that is when they got the error.  The machine that its working on now has been using it since the 14th with no issues.  The version that is on the functional machine is v 1.12.130 with a multi user license.  The company is in folder named #Anderson Fire Protection#.

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 2:19pm
Assuming in the Company Selector on PC1, the LAN column says Yes, the easiest way to fix PC 2 is to copy all files from C:\AlmytaSystems on PC1 to C:\AlmytaSystems on PC 2.

Otherwise, you can download the latest AID package and reinstall it.

Edited by BillD - 31 Jan 2013 at 2:23pm
jarasan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarasan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 2:36pm
Thank You I will post back with results on Monday/Tuesday when I can get back  to the site.  I truly appreciate your help!!!!!!

gypsyxg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsyxg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:17pm
I have found that if you upgrade one client using a network database, it wil upgrade the database and you will need to get all clients to the same version as they will get those errors. I have been doing the installs, making a blank company and doing all the updates. I then connect to the network databases with no problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic