Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInstallation, Updates, Technical Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Syntax Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syntax Error
    Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 3:02pm
When i try to set up my new company, i get the following syntax error: missing operator in query expression "Donna's Laptop' AS Expr1 FROM sysConfigLocal WHERE (((sysConfigLocal.USERID)='NULL'));'.
It will not let me into the software. What do i need to do?
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 7:24pm
Your Windows name is "Donna's Laptop"? We will adjust the application to allow for single quotes in the logins, but for now you need to change it. You would need to remove single quote ' from the name.
dlwilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 7:41am
How do i do that? I changed my Windows name, but i still get the error.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 10:35am
If you changed your Windows login, try to create a new company now. This should resolve the issue.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 11:35am
Well, I thank you for your help, but I guess I'm just not meant to use this software. I've tried deleting the whole thing (file included) and re-downloading it, but i still get the same error. Maybe i didn't change the name in the right place. Where do you go to change your Windows login?
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 2:33pm
Donna,

I will be very happy to resolve this issue.

You wrote, When i try to set up my new company,

Can you tell me exactly what you do and when the message appears? Is it when you try to create a company and it never appears or when you try to configure the company?

The quote (') is in your Windows Login name or Computer Name.

To change a computer name, click Windows Start (bottom left), find the Computer choice in the Windows menu and right-click it. The name will be there.

In any case, we will need to adjust he software so this does not happen in the future to other users.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 8:17am
I completely uninstalled the program again and deleted the folder. Then i reinstalled it and tried to open the XYZ corp, I again get the same error. It will not let me open anything.
I checked, and my computer name was changed to Donna. Not sure what else I can do.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 7:34pm
Just bear with me, Donna. When you start Almyta Company Selector, there is a button Updates at the screen bottom. Click it. A popup Window appears. the tile of the window says, Current Version: ###.

What is it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:07pm
3.12.30Z
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 11:15am
We have adjusted the software, but it is not published yet.
In the mean time, you can rename your Windows login.
The apostrophe is still in there.

Windows Start menu, Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts\Change Your Name.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic