Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

moving the ABC Inventory folder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: moving the ABC Inventory folder
    Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 1:38pm
I installed the ABC Inventory program in the c:Almytasystems default installation folder.  I now wished I had installed in on my D:\My Documents\AlmytaSystems folder due to the way my backup works.  I attempted to simply move the folder and correct the desktop shortcut to point to the new location, and when I started the software it thought it was installing a brand new setup and wanted company info etc all over again.  I then put everything back and it works correctly again.

What is the correct set of steps to move the original installation with current data to another drive  or folder on the same computer? I am comfortable making changes in the registry if needed.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 10:43am
1. Copy (not move) C:\AlmytaSystems folder without subfolders to the D:\My Documents\AlmytaSystems
2. Change the shortcut.
3. Start Almyta company selector and delete each company (select a company click Maintain, click Delete.) Close the selector
4. Now copy (not move) all C:\AlmytaSystems subfolders into D:\My Documents\AlmytaSystems
5. Start Company selector. Open each company, go to the Data/Relink. The D:\My Documents\AlmytaSystems \#Company Name# should be selected for you in the Shared Data field. Click OK.
6. Go to the System/Error Log/Files in Use. Make sure, your data and program are on D: drive.
7. After you relink all companies to a new place, rename C:\AlmytaSystems folder. Keep it this way for some time to be on a safe side. Delete C:\AlmytaSystems   when you feel it is save.

timjea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 9:48pm

Great - thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic