Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Need Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK13470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help
    Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 7:33pm
So I am a (SUPER) small business owner and I am looking for an inventory management software. I have a (very large) excel sheet that does everything I want but it is getting so big and cumbersome that the calculations are slowing things down massively. All I need is an inventory management software but I need one that can do specific things. I don't have a lot of inventory (usually only one or none of a single item) but I have 4-5K different items I am tracking. Furthermore EVERY item I purchase as inputs has to be processed at least one level with other inputs through a work order before it is a sellable product. Hence what I need is a program that will not only track inventory on stock, ordered, and sold but the cost (and hopefully profit) along each step. So far this program is doing pretty well but I have hit a roadblock of sorts. If I purchase 25 units for $25 and pay $11 in shipping it shows the unit cost as $1. Since everything is going through work orders the final products aren't showing the proper cost. I really want to keep the shipping charges as shipping charges as it will vary between POs and between vendors. I am able to avoid taxes on 99% of the POs so that isn't so much of a problem. Is there a way to tell the Inventory system to calculate the total cost (item costs and shipping) in determining the unit cost which can be carried through the work orders.
Thanks
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 9:17am
Try to do this.
Go to the System/Options screen, tab 12, and adjust fields 9 and 10 as needed. Now, when receiving against PO, you will have a correct landing cost for the units. You can always see the additional cost of a unit if you choose to show this column on screens (look for the Grid button on a top left part of screens where available).
This additional cost now show be reflected in the cost estimate and actual cost report when printed from the Work Order screen.

Edited by BillD - 28 Jan 2013 at 9:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic