Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Starting WO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laszlo.vamosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting WO
    Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 1:50am
I've already had some items in my stock when I started to use the software, so I added everything with direct receive. Now I would like to start a work order to see what is still have to be ordered but when loading and adding in my assembly under the "parts" section in the column "Avail." it says 0 for every row... In the "Units on stock" report I see the parts are existing... As I'm a new user I guess I made something wrong. Any idea where did I make the mistake and especially how to correct it?
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 4:26am
Open the Work Order screen, go to the Parts tab, double-click the first Item ID. The Item Master screen will open. On the left side, closer to the bottom, you will see Available, In Stock, On Hold, Committed, and On Order quantities. What are they?
laszlo.vamosi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laszlo.vamosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 2:53am
It says available: 2, in stock 2.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laszlo.vamosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 2:55am
No sorry this was when I click from the Inventory tab -->> Item master
When in the work order I click on it it says 0 for all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laszlo.vamosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 2:56am
Also I just recognized that in the work order screen I see the "on order" parts, in the Item master don't...
Seems like working form two separate list... Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laszlo.vamosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 5:37am
So summarizing: When I'm at the order screen and double click on the ID it opens up the master item list with the part details. Then it says 3 parts in order which is true. But also say 0 available and 0 stock which is not true.

When I open the Master Items list from the Inventory tab with the orange books icon it says 2 available but it shows 0 on order which is not correct. 

Hope it cleans up what is my problem...
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 2:13pm
It does not matter how you get to the item master screen. The results should be the same when you are looking at the same record (part number).
1) Try to run 3 top jobs in the Data/Fix Data Discrepancies screen once.
2) Make sure the work order status is Open, Scheduled, or Started on the Work Orders screen, Warranties/Status tab. This way the committed/On Order quantities become updated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic