Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

BOM vs Kits in ABC Inventory control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BOM vs Kits in ABC Inventory control
    Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 12:39pm

.       I am struggling with the difference between Kits and BOMs. Kits explode out the details on the customer copies, and BOM’s do not.  I actually provide kits, but sell them as a single line item at a discounted price compared to the sum of the individual pieces that make up the kit.  As such, I am using the work order function and BOM’s to “assemble” my kits.  Is there a better way?

2.       I have completed a specific work order / BOM with specific components, and it shows available in my inventory.  The customer has cancelled the order.  Because it is actually a kit, I can simply physically put the items back on the shelf.  Can a reverse work order be done (-1 qty didn’t work) or how can I remove the assembled qty from stock and add the components back so that total inventory value remains equal? (dollars out = dollars in)

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 2:07pm
In your case, you need to pre-assemble the orders. So you are doing the right thing. 1) Create sales order, click the Work Order button located at the bottom the sales orders screen.
2) Assemble finished product. 3) ship it.

In ABC, you cannot disassemble your product. The only way to return everything back is to adjust assembled goods down and re-receive the components. We have a free add-in for disassemblies, but it will not install in ABC. You have to buy a license. Then it will install.

Edited by BillD - 12 Nov 2011 at 2:08pm
verret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 11:04am
I do not see the disassembly add-in. Is it availble?
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 6:45am

The Disassembly function is available in our ABC Inventory Software (v ..34Z) now. In Almyta Control (ACS) it was available for a year or so. 

Find your finished product in warehouse (Inventory/Locate and Move). Click on a row with assembled units and click the Disassemble button. If you need to disassemble just a portion, use the Move button, specify number of units and then use the disassemble function on the newly created row.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic