Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

problem with using ABC inventory programme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucylu117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem with using ABC inventory programme
    Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 8:14pm
Hi,

I am using FREE ABC INVENTORY programme. I am a dvd online retailer. I have serveral questions regarding using this programme.

1. Sometimes I have bought the dvd stock of the same film title from different supplies at different price. How can I enter the different prices onto the system. It seems that I can only have one set price per dvd title when entering the data.

2. I have some dvds arrived broken which will be returned to the supplier. I have logged them as received and counted as in stock, but how can I make them shown the status of returning to the supplier?

3. I have also made a mistake of marking 6 dvds of a certain title received on one purchase order, but in fact i had only received 4. How can I correct the mistake by taking two off?

It will be extremely helpful if you could help my questions.

Thanks.

Lucy
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 4:00pm
1. Sometimes I have bought the dvd stock of the same film title from different supplies at different price. How can I enter the different prices onto the system. It seems that I can only have one set price per dvd title when entering the data.
The Cost in the Inventory Item Master reflects and average cost or desired cost. The actual product cost is recorded when you craete purchase order. If multiple suppliers are used you can select [???] for the main supplier. Then it will appear on the PO/Line Items tab, Item ID list, no mater what supplier you choose on the PO. When Item is added to the PO, the cost is copied from the Item Master. Modify it to the actual cost.

If you are making a direct inventory adjustment, there is the Unit Cost column where you can plug the actual product in to. If you do not see that field, click the Grid button on the Receiving screen (top left) and tick the box next to it.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 4:06pm
2. I have some dvds arrived broken which will be returned to the supplier. I have logged them as received and counted as in stock, but how can I make them shown the status of returning to the supplier?
Create a negative adjustment code and call it Supplier Return. It is in the Inventory menu tab, Warehouse Locations/Negative Adjustment Codes. Now you can issue returned inventory Units against this code. Later you can run Inventory Negative Adjustment report (Reports/Inventory/All Adjustments/Negative Adjustments) and specify the Supplier Return for a filter.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 4:13pm
3. I have also made a mistake of marking 6 dvds of a certain title received on one purchase order, but in fact i had only received 4. How can I correct the mistake by taking two off?
If the purchase order is already closed, re-open it. For that, find it in the Closed PO and click the Reopen button at the bottom.

Find the order in the open orders on the PO Detail screen, click Corrent PO button (right of the Yellow Plus, top, left) Type in -2 in the Add Units column.  Click the Save button and confirm the transaction.

Edited by BillD - 11 Nov 2011 at 4:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic