Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Qty disc on purchase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donw1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qty disc on purchase
    Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 11:33am
Here is another question:
When creating an itemid, I frequently have supplier(s) who will quote an "each" price, but discount heavily with larger quantities. I.E., a diode 1N4007 can be purchased for $0.23 each in single quantities, $0.20 in multiples of 10, $0.15 in quantities of 25, $0.11 in quantities of 100 etc. What would you suggest for a means of establishing these discounts? It would have a significant effect on the economic-order-quantity numbers.

BTW, as far as I can tell, the cost field is limited to two (2) decimal places, where I frequently encounter volume purchases where the unit cost might be, for examle, $0.11690 ... and while for cost-estimates I have no problem with rounding up, when purchasing say a thousand (1000) units I would prefer the PO reflect a total price of $11.69 vs. $12.00 ! Suggestions?

None of this is to say I dislike the software ... the serial tracking alone is a life saver. I am already tracking 7,101 items in inventory LOL.

Don Weissgerber
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 12:33pm

1. You should be able to crate a different UOM like each, ten, hundred. Define them through the Each, like Ten, contains 10, of Each.

You should be able to import supplier catalog with multiple pricing for different UOMS.

SUpplier, UOM, Price

AAA, Each, 0.23

AAA, ten, 0.20

2. Pricing is up to 4 decimal places. It is always 4, but you can choose how many you want to see on screen in the System/Option, field 3. No matter what the format is, input 1.2345, go to the next field, it might show 1.23, click back on the price field it will show 1.2345 again. I mean, it always saves 4 decimal digits and uses them in calculations.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic