Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Cross Reference Part Numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wraytek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cross Reference Part Numbers
    Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 9:50am
Hello,

I run a small business that repairs PCB (Electronic circuit boards). Because we are stocking a lot of different components I am looking into the Almyta software to help us manage our inventory levels. I would like to start with the free version of the software and eventually move to a networked license should it do the job. For the most part it looks like this software will do what we need but I have a few questions.

1) Many electronic components have equivalent replacements with a different part #. I see two ways that this needs to be taken into account in our inventory system. 

Firstly we order parts from our supplier on a weekly basis. Sometimes our standard part (Lets say part A) is unavailable for different reasons. When this happens we find an equivalent part (Lets say part B) with a different part # to order instead. Is there a way in this software to account for this difference? Can I have the software recognize that part A and B are equivalent? Would the software allow my to place part B in the same "bin" or location as part A? 

Secondly this applies when we are trying to pull an item from inventory. When we are repairing a board we decide that a part needs to be replaced. If the part in the board is part B but we only have part A in stock, is there a way to have the system automatically redirect to part A when looking for part B because it is equivalent?

2) I am hoping to use a bar-code system to help stay organized. Will a bar-code scanner work with the free version of this software? Any recommendations for which scanner (USB) I should look into?

Thank you,
Rob
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 11:56am

1)  There are Alternate Parts table. You can cross-reference the parts. On the purchase order or any other order screen or receive/issue screen, right-click the Item ID, select Alternate Parts from the popup menu. the Screen with replacement parts will pop up. Select a desired part.

2) Yes, all scanners, except for the live ones, work with ABC Software.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic