Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Importing to Item Master List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nm63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Importing to Item Master List
    Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 2:48pm
Hello,

I have found a bug when importing existing items to the Item Master List. When I import a list of items to the Item Master List, the Available and In Stock quantities for those items which were already in the Item Master List are set to 0. Then when I import the same list, but this time with unit quantities, to Inventory Units the Item Master list shows the proper (and updated) quantities for the Available and In Stock fields.

I have outlined an example below.
Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan

Example:

Item Master List:
Item # Description Available In Stock
1 Item 1 4 4
2 Item 2 7 7

Import to Item Master List:
Item # Description
1 Item 1
2 Item 2

Item Master List:
1 Item 1 0 0
2 Item 2 0 0

Import to Inventory Units:
Item # Units
1 2
2 3

Item Master List:
1 Item 1 6 6
2 Item 2 10 10
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 8:10am

this is how it is supposed to work. First, you import Item Master with no inventory position. Second, you import units in format like

Item ID, Units, Serial, Location.

The "available" and "in stock" are totals that are calculated based on inventory units. You cannot import them. Also if your totals go out of sync, you can always use Data/Fix Data Discrepancies. There are a few functions that recalculate different totals.

nm63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nm63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 7:05am
I still find it odd that it would zero the inventory quantities, however the Data/Fix Data Discrepancies corrects the issue.

Thank you for your help.
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 9:13am
It is odd. I agree. We will fix it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic