Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInstallation, Updates, Technical Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Help, can't open software

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REXAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, can't open software
    Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 8:57am
Hi, can anyone assist, I tried to opening my company(existing) & it just bring me back to the selection page.
Is it a bug ?
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 2:57pm
1) Try to create a new company.
2) Try to open the created company.

Does it work?
bobmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 3:22pm
I too can't open the software.
I went in and created a new company and still can't do anything. I get the page that lists the companies and such. I can select either of the 2 companies or my trial (playground site) and the start page comes up blank, them automatically minimizes with no data for any and all of them.

Tried a reboot and a repair with the same issues. Tried a remove and reinstall and it doesn't make any difference.
bobmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 4:36pm
The thing is I'm not on a free version. This really concerns me as I stand to loose access to a lot of data if I can't reconnect to it.
ugojesus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ugojesus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 4:49pm
Ouch

If this is a Demo! I hope there is a way I can try till at least Jan 31! 

I would know by then if I was going to Purchase a multi-user License, for $49, so I can access it from more then one Computer!

Please let me know something soon!

Cedric!

Unhappy
jdmcartoys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdmcartoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 6:47pm
Found the issue. Set you computers date back prior to 1/1/2013 and the program will open fine. Not sure what is going on, but it is a work around to grab all your saved data while you can. Hope to see a fix on here soon.

REXAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REXAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 6:36am
Well it does opens up but invoices cannot be issued due to date setting.
What should be done? I juz gotten a server for this system as paid gor multiple users.
H-e-l-p.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 10:27am
Is it a right place for the thread. It seems that free license for AID expired, but not for ABC. Working on it. Hold on for an hour or two.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 1:19pm
Download this update http://almyta.net/zipped_upd_112_129.exe to C:\AlmytaSystems folder (choose "save", do not run). Start AID Company selector, wait for a few seconds. Click the Refresh button. Now, when you open your company, it will offer you to apply the update. Do it. Alternatively, you can download http://almyta.net/zipped_upd_112_129.zip and unzip it manually into AlmytaSystems folder. This is the same thing.

Edited by BillD - 02 Jan 2013 at 1:20pm
Greenegrape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 10:16am
Hello

I don't know what I am doing wrong but that has not worked.  I downloaded it and unzipped it into the company file and waited but its still doing the same thing.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 11:13am
Unzip to C:\AlmytaSystems folder.
Start Company Selector, double-click your company. It will say "update found". Say Yes to apply.
inhega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inhega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 12:08pm
I did it as u said.it works like earlier.thnkx .how ever i lost my datas,bcz i unstalled it when i ddnt open.already i have backups.but i cant restore it.can i restore it?
inhega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inhega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 12:12pm
do it as saying BILLD.it is easy.work well
Greenegrape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 12:14pm
I was able to get to done now. works ......am back in business. Thx Bill
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 12:20pm
inhega,

If you do not see your company when you start the software, find folder [backup]\AlmytaSystems\#Your Company# in the backup, copy folder into C:\AlmytaSystems\#Your Company#, assuming you installed the software into C:\AlmytaSystems. If the company is there, but data is not, rename file(s) C:\AlmytaSystems\#Your Company#\*.ALMD to C:\AlmytaSystems\#Your Company#\*.DELETE, and copy file [backup]\AlmytaSystems\#Your Company#\*.ALMD into C:\AlmytaSystems\#Your Company#\*.ALMD

Edited by BillD - 04 Jan 2013 at 12:25pm
bobmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 3:10pm
Download and save the file into the folder as it says. Do not unzip the file. Wait a minute or two and then open the program. It checks for updates and it works for me.

This is the way I did it.
Alternately; change your computer date back to before Dec 31. Wait for a minute or so and open the program. I was asked if I wanted to check for and apply the latest updates. I did. When I used the above method, it ran but told me I was up to date. The program works fine now.

I would have thought one had to unzip as well but that's not the case.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 6:24pm
bombac has given an easier fix than I have. Thank you!
inhega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inhega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 4:17am
will i see this issue again 01st of january in 2014 too?
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 9:53am
No, it was a line of code left since development in 2010. But the application is not free anymore. You will have to buy it or drop it.
Xaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:14am
" http://almyta.net/zipped_upd_112_129.exe" not available anymore ???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic