Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesSBS/AID Inventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Trouble Exporting Inventory from Excel csv

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mocanomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble Exporting Inventory from Excel csv
    Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:18pm
I just downloaded this new software for our shop. I have been trying to export all my existing inventory information from Quickbooks to AIDS. I have exported it onto an excel csv spreadsheet onto my desktop, and then tried importing into AIDS, configuring all the necessary columns. Once I did all that, I try to save and it gives me an error "Reference Does Not Exist" so on and so forth whenever I try to change that particular column. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Please help asap.  
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:34pm
Add one more column to your spreadsheet this will be your reference. Populate all rows with the same value such as "Import-2012".
On the Data Import screen map the column to the Receiving Reference.

This column is needed for knowing how this inventory appeared in the system. Normally, this would be a purchase order number.
Mocanomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mocanomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 2:44pm
I've made an entire Receiving Reference column using PO numbers, however, it's still mentioning an error that "Reference Does Not Exist: Importing Value so on and so forth". I've tried many different spreadsheets for this, but I can't find a way around it. Also, the language you are using is unclear. Could you please verify the process in lamens terms? 

Need a response fast! Thanks! 
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 3:48pm
First, you load Item Master. You can reload it with other columns later. Second, you load "Inventory in Stock". The "Receiving Reference" is a column (like a purchase order number) which is mandatory for the "Inventory in Stock" import. The "Inventory in Stock" import cannot be reloaded. Copy C:\AlmytaSystem\#Your Company Name# folder and restore it later if not satisfied with the import.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic