Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesSBS/AID Order Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Adding Shipping Costs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Shipping Costs?
    Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 7:36pm
Yes. I'm new. I decided to finally move up from doing tons and tons of excel worksheets to a proper inventory system. After doing LOTS of research, AID is what I decided to learn on. It seemed to be the best balance between being user friendly and having all the features that I needed.

I've figured out all the inventory and I'm learning (slowly) how to use the program, but the one thing I can't seem to figure out, is how to add charges to an invoice/sale. Such as costs to ship a product out. 

If possible, I would also like to be able to add my own charges that the customer wont see, such as the packing material costs and what it actually cost me to ship it, etc.

Any advice?
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 1:00pm

You can add charges. Create an item (like Shipping) and turn off the Inventory switch on it. This becomes non-inventory items. Ad them to then sales orders and invoices. 

You cannot add hidden charges to the invoices, but you can create POs to yourself and buy your own services (non-inventory) items. This will add to your operating expenses.

Cassandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 8:02pm
Ah, okay thank you. That's how I've been doing it up to this point, was just wondering if I was doing it the hard way :P
Samuel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 1:57pm
Hi, 
I have the same concern with Invoice , i would like to add shipping cost before total 
so , the program or invoice form contains TAX1  ad the end of invoice , i changed this caption to shipping , but how i can add an absolute value not %  
thanks 
Sam 
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 7:35am
An absolute value should be added as a line item. There is no other way, I am afraid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic