Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Serial Numbers required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serial Numbers required
    Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 4:20pm
I am just setting up ACS and have most of my files loaded. As I've been playing with it, I have several Items that require serial numbers. I identified them in the Item master as using serial numbers. I put in a purchase order for several different parts, including the one that requires serial numbers the part. Upon receiving it didn't require me to put in the serial number for the part that required it. It had a field for it, so I guess I could have entered it if I would have known it was a serial number part. It looks like I could have also entered a serial number for the parts on the order that don't use serial numbers. Am I doing something wrong, or need to change a setting? I just want to be notified when I receive a part that it requires a serial number, and be required to enter it.
MROOM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:02am

Hi

On the Inventory Item Master List on second Tab (Stocking Properties) you need to tick Lot/Serial Number Use and Unique Number for Item.  Then when you go to receive items on your purchase order the system will automatically prompt you to enter serial numbers for that item with separate lines if you have ordered more than one. Big smile

asifgilani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgilani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 8:47am
I have the same problem. I have ticked marked  "use unique Numbers for the Item" in stocking properties. But I was able to recieve the item without serial Nos. And now I cannot undo the recieve that I have done.

Can someone guide me how to undo the recieve that has been done ?
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 10:02am

The "Serial number is required" switch is not enforced in  flavors of this software. To change/add a

serial number, go to the Inventory/Locate and Move, filter, click the View button, find the row, type in the serial.  

http://www.almyta.com/did_you_know.asp?fn=Serial_Number_Tracking

BobS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 10:47am
It looks like checking off the box for unique serial number doesn't work either. I was able to receive some serial numbered parts without entering a serial number. When I did as suggested above to add serial numbers, it let me add numbers that already existed for that part. This seems to be more of a memo field than any sort of serial number tracking.
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 12:25pm

If you choose, Use Serial = True, Unique Number For Item = TRUE.

Then at the receiving time, you will see the message #381 saying: This Serial /lot cannot be set...

The inputted number will be wiped out (set to blank). User has to input a new serial. 

I have just double-checked it. How are you getting around it?

BobS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 2:34pm
I was able to enter duplicate serial numbers in the inventory / Locate Move screen. If I put in serial numbers when receiving, it won't allow duplicates.
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 8:51am
Right. It allows user to change serial numbers if needed. Locking them was causing more problems in the past. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic