Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Change Name of Inv Item or Location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change Name of Inv Item or Location
    Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 6:08pm
Hi to everyone on the forum,
This one's probably pretty obvious, but I'm trying to do a simple re-name of an inventory item in ABC Inventory.  It will allow me to change the item description, but there doesn't seem to be any way to edit the name.  The same goes for Locations, I'd like to edit the name, but I can't seem to figure it out. 

Any help from someone who knows what they're doing would be much appreciated, cause I certainly don't...

John Hooper 
MROOM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:19am
Hi

Go to Inventory Item Master List.  Select the item you want to edit.  Click on the Pencil tab (just to the left of the Item ID) this is the modify ID button.  The system will then ask you what you would like to rename the Item ID to be called.  When you have finished press Modify and your Inventory Item ID will be changed.

I think the Location one is a little different.  I don't think you can alter the ID of a location once it has been created.  I might be wrong though.  But you can get round this by creating a new location (Inventory/Warehouse Locations).  Then go to your Inventory Item Master List.  Select the Item that needs moving.  Click on the underlined In Stock label.  This will then show you where all your stock of that inventory item is located.  Double click on the current Location.  The system will then show a pop up box and ask you where you want to move it to and you can then select the new correct location that you created.   Remember to alter the Default Location on Stocking Properties in Inventory Item Master List so future purchases are automatically stored in the correct location Wink
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 9:16am
You can also change a location name in the Inventory/Warehouse Locations if you inputted it erroneously. However, you have to move your stock to a new location (or the renamed one) as described by MROOM.
jhooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:21pm
Thanks for your replies.  Actually I have heard this answer to this question stated under another thread, but I could not find this pencil modify button.  When I navigate to Inventory>Item Master all I see on the top tool bar is a drop down list to the left of which is a help button, a recycling bin button, a plus/addition button, and a binoculars/find button.  None of the buttons on this screen allow you to modify the currently selected item ID. 

I looked around the Item Master List very thoroughly but do not find anything that remotely resembled a pencil.  Do you have to click something else first?  Are you sure you are using ABC Inventory and not ACS? 
jhooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:40pm
OK I found the answer to my own question.  You're right it is a Pencil button, but the Pencil button in my version of the software is located under the DATA tab of the main ABC toolbar, and not in the Item Master List.  Glad that was sorted out.  I wonder why they would have placed it farther away, oh well I'm just glad its there!

Thanks for your help,

-John
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 9:53am

1. You can modify ITEM ID from the Data/Modify Item ID menu.

2. In the latest version, you can also do it from the Item Master screen directly. But 
ABC inventory is always behind of our commercial updates. So it is possible, the Item Master does not have the Pencil button at the top left of the screen.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic