Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Count inventory quickly with a USB barcode scanner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Count inventory quickly with a USB barcode scanner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
somemore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somemore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Count inventory quickly with a USB barcode scanner
    Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 12:48am
it seems like you are not clear about how to use the barcode scanner c# when you have AID . do you need a tutorial for this. check here.it may helps you.

Donate Toner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donate Toner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:33pm
I understand how to import an item list using csv files. What i need to know is once I have the the items and barcodes in AID how can i use a barcode scanner to count the quantities in my warehouse for inventory. Thanks! if AID can't do that do you know another way?
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:26pm
Hi,

If you do not have the being scanned inventory in AID then scan into Excel or other spreadsheet, add column with quantities and maybe location, save as CSV and import. There is no such window in AID.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donate Toner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 5:42pm
-Bill
Thank you so much for responding. I have already downloaded AID. And that's great that you say it will make the reports I need. However, I guess my main question is how can I add inventory by scanning product barcodes? Rather than write down every single item and then count them manually and input the quantities. I need to be able to go to the warehouse and scan, scan, scan all the products and have AID keep a running count of what I scan. I understand how to import my products list into the the master items. I just need a window that can open up and allow me to start scanning without multiple steps. Thanks!
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:55am
It seems you need rather our AID (almyta.net)application. The ABC Inventory would be an overkill for you. You can download and install AID. It will live together with ABC on the same machine. AID will not assign barcodes. You can import from a spreadsheet. AID will print barcoded labels and give all reports the you need.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donate Toner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 6:03pm
I have about a hundred different items with barcodes to count. They total a few thousand. All I need to do is find out how many I have of each item. I have a spreadsheet of the names. I have been looking for a simple program that  will allow me to quickly assign on the fly scanned barcodes to the list of items on the spreadsheet and most importantly allow me to then scan the same multiple items to count them. After experimenting with this program I've been able to upload the csv list of names but it is a 4 step process to assign a barcode or serial. I still haven't figured out how to simply start scanning all the items at once and have it keep track of quantities. Also I would love when I scan a barcode that is not in my database to have the program right there allow me add it and continue scanning and counting all the product. Can anyone show me how to do those two things with this program or give me any suggestions. Thank you so much for your help. We are a small charity trying optimize our process.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic