Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

used equipment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtlapine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: used equipment
    Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 9:17am
We just started formatting our program. We are distributor of material handling equipment. We sell new and used equipment. Just wondering if anyone else out there is in my shoes. I am having trouble dealing with the used equipment. Not sure how to log or create part numbers for my used equipment.

We don't manufacture or refurb any products. I would love to speak with another user that uses this program just for distribution. 

Please get back to me.

Thanks Justin
cell 847-721-5886
donw1948 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donw1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 1:39am
Justin ... our businesses couldn't be more different ... I market electrnoic components, new and used. However, we face the same issue. I have factory new parts, parts that were removed by unplugging, and parts that were removed by unsoldering.  My solution was to use the original part number for new parts, the same number with [PULL] at the end for unplugged parts and [EXTRC] at the end for desoldered (or "extracted" parts).  We avoid the use of the term "used" LOL.  The advantage is you can still search the number and it will pull up new, pulled and extracted parts.  

Would that work for you?

Don
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic