Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Invoice Line Items

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invoice Line Items
    Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 2:10pm
Hi Bill,

I'm still plodding on understanding the invoice side of the system and have discovered that if I have a shipping order for 5 items, but only wish to ship 1 item. The packing list shows only 1 line item (the item I am shipping), but the invoice shows/lists all outstanding line items, with the 4 other line items stated as shipped "0" (zero) and of course valued as zero as well.

This is of course not "wrong" and is actually correct, but our current system just shows the one line item, which I have shipped, also on its own on the invoice.

Have I missed a switch/tickbox somewhere that makes the system do this or is just something that "isn't the same as our current system, so we're going to have to get used to it".

As an aside, I have been mirroring some of our stock levels (around 50 parts) for testing purposes, particularly the complicated assembled items (BOMs etc.) and already our guys are coming to me to ask "what stock does the new system show for products x, y and z?" as its quicker than them sitting down with our current stock system to work out where we are with inventory!!

I cant wait to get this rolled out and networked for everyone.

I've read somewhere on your website about the requirements for running on a LAN, but for clarification:

Does it just need a mapped network drive for the users to run the software on their local PCs and after we get the registration key from yourselves, the path is entered into the Options >> 5. System >> 1. Shared Data Folder field? And we just have the .logic and .data files on the file server in a folder of choosing? Do we need anything else to run it on a network eg MS SQL server? Or is that it?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best regards,
Paul.

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 6:47pm
We can add a switch to hide the unshipped lines on the invoices. I do not remember such request. Although, hiding zero-lines makes sense in some cases.
Yes, all you need is a share somewhere on the LAN. You do not have to map it. For the fastest access, all files will be on a local drive and only .data file will be hosted by your server.
On a first PC, you move local data to the network (Company Selector, Maintain, Move to LAN) and on all others just link to it (New Company, Link to Existing.
Please do not it without the keys. It will lock you out saying "License Violation".

Edited by BillD - 18 Oct 2012 at 6:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic