Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Re: Purchasing and using materials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re: Purchasing and using materials
    Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 2:19pm
I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out how i can purchase materials for a production process, but ensure that the cost used for the materials is based on the AVCO method (average cost)?

Also how do i go about setting up new production lines ready for use, and how do i go about running those production lines?

thanks

SilverSwann
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 7:14pm
1) Go to the Orders, Purchasing, Utilities menu, tab 8 Calculate Costs. Use "Average PO price for a specified period" for the formula. This will set the cost to the average buying value. This will not be your current average cost but only a buying average.
Or you can run Reports/Inventory/Item Master Summary/Inventory Actual Value report, output to Excel, and reimport into Item Master only two columns Item ID and Unit Cost.

What do you call "production lines"? I am not sure. Maybe someone else knows here....

silverswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 10:06am
What i would like to do is keep my stock records based on the avco method, and when the bill of materials is calculated for the production order i would like it to use the current avco price for what is in stock. i also would like to know how to correctly create production orders so that i can have it automatically calculate the price without haveing to input it manually.

ty

SilverSwann
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 2:27pm
We do not have the auo average cost recalculations there. Maybe we have an add-in, but it would not install when software is running under the promotional license.

There is a way to load average or rolling cost into the Item Master. 

Run a report Inventory, Inventory Actual Value. Save to Excel. Leave only two columns: Item ID and Unit Avg Cost. Save as CSV. Go to the Data/Import Menu, Select Item Master, load saved CSV and import.

To create a production order, create a BOM and then select it as an assembly on the Work Order screen, Parts tab, Assembly dropdown.

Edited by BillD - 29 Oct 2012 at 2:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic