Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesUser Interface and Navigation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

program

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: program
    Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 2:25pm
Hi

I moved the company to a shared file so I can share it with the other two ppl on the network and was well except that i just open it for the first time on my new pc using a diff window hence now i cannot get it to open on the original computer, It is asking for data source.  I will like to delete it and re add it from where i had save it but i am scared i will lose all the data.

what do you suggest.

Thanks in advance
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 2:51pm
There is the Browse button on that screen. Use it to browse the network and select your data file .ALMD in the \\server\share\..\#your company#\ folder. Double-click it. This will link you to the correct data file. If you make a mistake, retry by using Configuration/Re-link menu.

Edited by BillD - 15 Oct 2012 at 2:57pm
Greenegrape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 4:30pm
i am sorry but I am only seeing a window that says "select data source" and in that window, there are two options: 1. file data source and 2. machine data source.  I tried using the file data source to locate the file but when i get that #company# file and open, it shows me to the report and screen folders and nothing else. SO i cannot locate the almd file.

I do not see a menu for configuraion / relink
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 10:34am

How did you move AID from to the network if it is not a secrect?

Close AID,

Rename C:/AlmytaSystems/#Company Name# folder to c:/AlmytaSystems/Old Company Name

(no hashes)

dowmload this file http://www.almyta.net/downloads/ADD112_126_PRGM.zip and unzip into C:/AlmytaSystems/

When you open AID, it will not have  "Company Name " in the list.

Double-click "New Company", choose Link to Existing Company, browse your network, and pick the #Compnay Name# folder.

Edited by BillD - 16 Oct 2012 at 10:35am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 9:46am
It worked thank you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 1:04pm
Hello

Is it possible to edit a PO number.  I am using my own numbers and i mixed them up and want to correct them. Can I do that.  If so how?
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 10:56am

You cannot change history, but 

Go to the Configuration/Options screen, tab 2, field 10. Set it to -1.

Next time you create new PO, it will ask you for the PO number.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenegrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 12:10pm
yea, I do have it set like that but thanks for the information.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic