Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

A few Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aregiste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few Issues
    Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 10:53am
Firstly, Great product! I recently downloaded this software and the reason for my post is just to enquire about a few issues I've been having:
  •  Is it possible to import data directly from a barcode scanner (at the moment we are using direct receive and importing from a csv file), as we are using the software in conjunction with this barcode scanner.  The scanner exports to excel in the following format:

Barcode

ScanDate

BarcodeName

12/10/2012 10:13:27

• Is it possible to distinguish between the different amounts of a product. For instance, if you scan a barcode for a single apple (1 unit), then a separate barcode for a bag of apples (10 units) will the software recognise the products as the same and add 11 units of apples to the inventory? 
  • Also, I have built up an inventory through direct receive but I am having problems using direct issue. When I follow the same process, i.e. importing barcodes through a csv file, it shows the following error message:

Item ID                              Merge Problems

#Prefix not found#           #fix problem in Item ID.#

Please could you advise how to solve these issues.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Andre

Edited by admin - 12 Oct 2012 at 1:56pm
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 5:35pm
1) If your scanner cannot add "number of units" column, you will need to open file in a spreadsheet program and add this column manually.
2) Take a look at the barcode format definition that you are using for issuing. The Item ID should not have prefix if it is not encoded in the barcode. Example, if your Item ID is 1234 but barcoded value is P-1234 then your prefix should be P-. If the barcoded value matches Item ID, there should not be any prefix.
IsabelCre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IsabelCre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 1:18am
I always faced the problem of scanner that its can't include the number of units but now I think I have a better way to done that. Thank for that
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic