Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Invoice Numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invoice Numbers
    Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 5:21pm
Hi Bill,

We're nearly there, I promise!

I have another query.

Is there any way I can get the software to automatically allocate a sequential invoice number when goods are despatched. ie We issue stock to an order, generate the back order if required of remaining items/qtys, generate the packing list, this order that has just had stock issued gets the next invoice number regardless.

I have noticed that the software allocates an invoice number at order entry (estimated). And uses that invoice number when the next load of stock is issued against the shipping order. In other words, what I have seen is that shipping order S001001 is allocated invoice I-001001 on order entry and this invoice number is used whenever stock is first issued, even after say, S001004 has been despatched with perhaps an invoice number of I-001005. 

I guess what I mean is: (The next invoice number is 5000).

I have 50 orders outstanding with various estimated invoice numbers.

a) I issue stock against S001048 first, so that gets invoice number 5000, regardless of what the invoice number estimate is.

b) I then issue stock against S001033, so that gets invoice number 5001, regardless of what the invoice number estimate is.

c) Then I issue stock against a back order S001040:3, so that gets invoice number 5002, again regardless of what the invoice number estimate is.

So all invoice numbers are generated one after the other.

I have tried using the "next invoice number" in "Options>>1. Numbers" to overide this and also tried a negative number for semi auto with no success.

We can of course do all this manually (using -1), ie enter our next invoice number from some kind of written "invoice number register", but I thought I'd ask the question if this could be done by the system. If the system can do it, why do it manually, right?

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Paul.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 4:58pm
Hi Paul,

No. This software does not have separate database for the invoices. It just prints a sales order as an invoice. You can use -1 for the next invoice number (Options, Numbers, Next Invoice) and then input I-1040-3 for the sales order SO001040:3. This is the only way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic