Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Additional Non-Inventory Line Items On Invoices
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Additional Non-Inventory Line Items On Invoices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Additional Non-Inventory Line Items On Invoices
    Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 4:48pm
Hi Bill,

Thank you for your continued help and support, it is very much appreciated.

Sometimes, we agree with customers, at the quotation stage, that they will pay for special charges for incoming airfreight costs of parts to make an assembly urgently or perhaps 3rd party inspection of goods.

I therefore need to add an additional line item to the invoice to cover these costs, but it doesnt necessarily have to appear on the Packing List, although if it did, it wouldn't be a problem as such.

I've worked out a way to do it, but wanted to know if I had over complicated the matter and once again missed something obvious.

The way I had worked out was to:

In the Inventory Master Item List, create a new item ID of eg ADD-ITEM, with a category called "Additional Item" which is a "Service" category with an unchecked "Inventory Item" ie not inventory. It perhaps also could have a description of "Additional Item".

Then at order entry, we add all the components as usual for the customer order, but add an extra line item as ADD-ITEM with a quantity of 1 at the agreed price of whatever that may be. And in the Invoice Notes (thanks for that previous tip by the way, I can't believe I missed that!), we specify "3rd Party Inspection Charge".

When the stock is issued, the ADD-ITEM service is also issued as quantity "1" to charge the customer.

This seems to work just fine and the additional charge is invoiced correctly. Its even possible to charge an ADD-ITEM fee in a shipping order on its own (ie no products, just the service charge), perhaps if a charge is agreed after the initial issues are made in another shipping order, with my own manual references once again in the Invoice Notes ie a supplementary invoice for agreed charges.

The only downside to this method that I see, is that if the ADD-ITEM is issued at the same time as components, on the packing list a quantity of "1" is added to the "Totals for orders" at the bottom. So if I issued 20 components against a customer order for 50, on the packing list line for the component it states 50 ordered and 20 shipped, but the Totals for orders shows 51 ordered and 21 shipped, which is slightly confusing.

Is this how you would handle this issue or is there an easier option?

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Paul.

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 12:49pm
Hi Paul,

You are doing it right by creating a non-inventory item. It does show on the packing list. I have not heard that it was confusing. However, maybe it is. I am not sure if we want to change it at the moment. Create more than one non-inventory item and be specific in the description so such items create less confusion on the packing lists.

Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 4:59pm
Hi Bill,

Thats great, thanks for confirming that I'm "roughly" doing it right!

I wasn't being critical when I said confusing. As I've said before, I think this is a superb piece of software. I couldn't get the ADD-ITEM to show as a line item on the packing list, only the invoice, so with the packing list showing +1 in the totals for nothing being displayed, it looked a little strange to me. I'll have a look at what I've done to not display it on the packing list. I have the software on a few different devices so I can test "on the move" and just when I get chance, so that may be an issue with this as well ie it's not at all confusing, it's just "me".

Thanks again,
Paul.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 4:52pm
Hi Paul,

There are three standard packing lists in the system. Two of them (No Serial Numbers, Shipping Units of Measure ) will print ADD-ITEM. The third one, Serial (Lot) Numbers, will not print non-inventory items. I agree, here that we need to modify third list. To change the list type, follow to the System/Default Documents menu and change the list in the Packing Slip row.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic