Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Top Down and Bottom Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wandern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top Down and Bottom Up
    Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 12:56pm
Hello All,

I am trying to find a way to report all parts and sub assemblies that are used in an assembly, and which assembly/sub assembly a part is used in.

I know that there are ways to trace by work order etc but it is fairly unintuitive to do.

I apologize in advance if I have missed a pre-existing solution.

An example of a report searched by Serial 
*Top Down report format
FinalAssembly
            -SubAssembly1
                             -subsubassembly1
                                               -subsub1part1
                                                -subsub1part2
                              -subsubassembly2
-subsub2part1
-subsub2part2
                              -subpart1

-Part1
      -Part2

*Bottom Up report would just be the opposite with a search for individual part.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 4:17pm
Hi, is it for a BOM or for a particular work order based on BOM.
There is a differentce, because an assembly work order can differ from BOM.

Wandern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wandern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 5:28pm
It is for a work order/Individual assembly not the BOM(assembly template).  The Stock Component Used report is really close to what I am looking for, but it only shows the immediate sub assemblies. A nested/recursive Stock Component Used report would be more along the right lines.

For the Bottom up I know I can use the consumed/shipped search with the serial number to display all work orders the item is used in, if the base part serial number is set to be the master serial number, but this will cause some issues once the Assembly uses more than one serialized parts.

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 7:15pm
Are you making separate work orders for subasemblies (each level) or assembling all levels in one work order?
Wandern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wandern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 8:25am
Currently we have been making them separately but would like to be able to create them on demand as well.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 11:43pm
If you are not doing multi-level assembly with one work order then yse, it is harder do trace your serials. For any consumed serial, an issuing reference is a work order number used to assemble the next level. For next next level part, this work order is a receiving reference. The issuing reference becomes the next level assembly work order. This way you can walk up when needed. The same way you can go top  down.

You can use Item Master screen Positive/Negative Adjustment History in the functions (bottom) to quickly search all produced/consumed inventory units.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic