Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesUser Interface and Navigation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Adding to reports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding to reports
    Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 10:39am
Hello,

I am trying to add a column to a report, more specifically adding the Model field to the Inventory to buy report. Is there a way I can modify the reports myself or do we need to get a modified version of the software?

Thanks
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 1:47pm
We cannot add columns to this particular report. The software has to be updated. We will try to add a few more fields in the next update.
AB1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AB1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 9:04am
Hi there,

I have the same question, but I would like to add a column to the Shipping Order Detail (All) report.

It's been a few years since this was posted, so I'm wondering if there's a way to do it now?

Thanks!
AB1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AB1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 8:54am
Update:

I was able to find a way (though not perfect) to add columns to the report!

In the "All Reports" window, under "Select Type and Name of the Report", there is an option to "Import Report Definition" or "Export the Current Definition".

If you export the report you want to manipulate, you can open it in Excel:

- changed the Report ID to -4054 to -4099 (which hopefully is not being used by another report, but the system told me that 1 report was added and 0 was updated, which sounds good to me)
- changed ReportName by adding "Custom" to the end of the current name (so I would know which one I made)
- Added to ReportSQL by copy and pasting the code used for the column I want from another report that has it (had to export that as well). Made sure to check if any spaces were missing, that it was in the right list, and I inserted it in the way I would want it to appear.
- I then imported it into the System using "Import Report Definition". It appears in the list of All Reports.

Not perfect because:
- If I select "Shipped" to add to my report, it will use a weird default date (12/31/1899) and squish it into the next column, which in my case is customer name, but will do it to any column that is to the left of it.
- It will add .0 to the Ord Units (1.0 instead of 1)

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or perhaps knows why it's doing this? Or can tell me if this was a bad idea?

Thanks!
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 6:56am

Or there is an easier way, take a look at Help /Software Manual, page 69. It gives you an access to the Customize Reports screen. There is a button to copy current report to a new one. 

Getting back to your case, the date 12/31/1899 is number 1 formated as a date.  One whole number is one day. So 2, when formated as a date, will show 1/1/1900. You mapped the column to the number of units shipped. Change the column format from D to N or post your SQL Statement here and I will fix it for you.

On page 68, you will find the format designators D- date, DT - date and time....

AB1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AB1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 11:08am
Does this look right? Let me know :) Thank you!

0,-4099,3,Shipping Order Detail (All) Custom,"SELECT Orders.Rec AS [SO Number], OrdersLines.Part AS [Item ID], Customer_1.Name AS [Bill To Name], Customer_1.SHORTID AS [Bill To ID], Parts.Description AS [Item Description], OrdersLines.Qty AS [Ord Units], OrdersLines.Shipped AS [Ship Units], [Parts].[PGrossWeight]*[OrdersLines].[Qty] AS Weight, Orders.Delivery AS [Req Date], Orders.Shipped, OrdersLines.Revision, Customer.Name AS [Ship To Name], Customer_1.Name AS [Customer Name], Carriers.Name AS [Carrier Name], Orders.WayBill, tblEmployees.LastName AS Salesperson, tblCompanyInfo.strLocationName AS Warehouse  FROM (((((Orders   LEFT JOIN Customer ON Orders.ShipTo = Customer.Rec)   LEFT JOIN tblCompanyInfo ON Orders.WID = tblCompanyInfo.Rec)   LEFT JOIN (OrdersLines   LEFT JOIN Parts ON OrdersLines.Part = Parts.ShortID) ON Orders.Rec = OrdersLines.Rec)   LEFT JOIN Carriers ON Orders.Carrier = Carriers.Rec)   LEFT JOIN tblEmployees ON Orders.SalesPerson = tblEmployees.ShortID)   LEFT JOIN Customer AS Customer_1 ON Orders.Associate = Customer_1.Rec",,,,"Ord Units,Weight",Portrait,-1,,0,10
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic