Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

PO Not Converting Units Ordered to "Pack" Qty.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PO Not Converting Units Ordered to "Pack" Qty.
    Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 7:06pm
Please Help!
I have been trying to work with the ABC software for several weeks now and each time I get past one hurdle I am confronted with another.  I would like to present this software to my company to purchase the full version but with the limitations I am faced with it is unlikely.

This time I cant find a solution.  I have created Purchase Orders only to find out that the software is not converting my units to packs for the order.

For example I have entered on the Master that I have a product with a base UOM of EA (EA defined as 1 EA) and Units per pack of 6.  I have 13 units in inventory and need to order 12 more so I have set up a po to order 12 Std Units (this is the way they are cycle counted and it would not make sense to count as "2"). However when I print my PO there is no column for the definition of the pk qty so instead of ordering 2 cases (packs) it appears I am ordering 12 and will end up receiving 12 cases (72 units!)

As a secondary question I also have a situation where this product is used in 4 different locations, I am ordering 1 case each for 2 of those locations, however if I am not here when it comes in there is no way for these items to be received into a specific location the way the PO is designed unless I am missing something to designate a location for the ordered qty, and if so then how do I split the quantity for each location?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 10:45am
1) This software does not convert packages. Package is always the same like "carton".  However, converts UOMs. Create a new UOM. Call it 6-pack, for instance, input 6 into the Contains field, and EA into Base Units. Now, on the PO screen, you can convert EA to 6-Pack by changing PO UOM. This will order 2 6-packs at a proper price. At the same time it will receive 12 EA. To make software remember supplier's UOM, add a record to the Suppliers Catalog (Shortcut: Item Master screen, button to the right of Main Supplier label).
2) Use line item notes to specify what goes where. I am not sure what you are calling the location. It could be a warehouse or a specific location in the warehouse. If it is a warehouse, receive all in warehouse "PO Ship to", then move (distribute) cases among warehouses. The PO line item notes will be copied into Units in Stock Remarks field. So, you can always see what goes where.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic