Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Old ItemIDs still in inventory WITH Units

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old ItemIDs still in inventory WITH Units
    Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:21pm
Hello,

Some time ago, I modified some ItemIDs.

Since them, I have been obviously receiving and issuing units with the modified ItemIds.  All has been good.

Situation discovered: 
Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:26pm
Hmm, I seem to have accidentally sent my question before even finishing it.

So here the rest:

Situation discovered:  I have found, in the Locate and Move window, that all my old ItemIDs, those that I changed, are still in inventory AND they have units. 

Is there any Data Fix function I can use to eliminate the old ItemIDs and their units?

Thank you, (sorry for posting the rest of the question in the quick response window. It was the only way I could access my original question as it has not yet appeared in the forum.)

André
Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 5:24am
I would just like to refresh this question as it has been here for a while.

I have found that after changing an ItemID, say from A to B, I still have Item A, with units, in inventory. They show up in the Locate and Move interface.  I have not verified where else they may show up. They don't seem to show up in the Master List though.

Is there any Data Fix function to remove these old ItemID?

Thank you,

André
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:31am

Hi Andre,

Are you changing the Item Id by using Data, Modify Item ID menu? If so, this should never happen. Please let me know.

Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:42am
Hello Debra,

Yes I used Data, Modify Item ID menu to change the IDs in question.  I may also have used the Modify ID in Inventory Master Item List, but only as of late. So the items I am finding in my inventory through the Locate and Move interface, and that should no be there, were changed via the Data, Modify Item ID.

André
Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:44am
I don't know if there are any ItemIDs left in my inventory that were modified via the Item Master List. And I do not know what few ItemIDs I changed via the Item Master List and so I can not go search for them.  But I do know that the ItemIDs I noticed still hvnging around had been changed via the Data.... etc.

André

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 11:49am

The Modify button on the Item Master and the menu choice is the same thing. If you had an item A with some units in stock and renamed it to B, you will see it on the Locate and Move as B as well as in all orders. If you continue seeing A and there is something in stock, could you try to reproduce the problem?

I believe, it is not physically possible, because there is no copying, but just renaming. What I mean, you cannot rename file A to B and have two files A and B. You can also try to repair your data. Click Maintain then Compact/Repair in the Company Selector.

Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 12:55pm
Hello Debra,

Well, the Compact Repair did not do the trick. I have a screen capture where you can see an ItemID that exists in the locate and Move window, but not in the Item master List if you want me to send it to you.  (In the image, you see a list of items in both the Item Master List and the Locate and Move.)

I aligned the windows to make it clear that we see an Item that is not in the Master List but can be seen in the Locate and Move.

I renamed another Item, the problem doesn't seem to have repeated itself.  So, whatever was causing it may have changed. None the less, I still have a number of no longer existing ItemID that are still lingering in the Locate and Move window, and maybe other windows as weel.

I can send the image to your e-mail if you want to see proof.

André
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 7:14pm

Andre, you have discontinued these items, not renamed. 

On the Item Master, select Discontinued in Stock in the Filter (top, center). Open the ID List. You should find them in the list.

Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 4:58am
Hello Debra,

Apparently your are right.  I do seem to have a list of Discontinued items.

I have absolutely no idea how I would have managed this as I have never knowingly discontinued anything and at this time I don't know how I to discontinue an item.

Regardless, I imagine all I have to do now is to eliminate the items.

André
Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 5:27am
Debra,

Seems there is a problem with trashing the discontinued items.

When I select a discontinued ItemID from the list and click on the Trash button, I get this message:

" Delete failed.

The database contains historical reference to this record or it is locked
  by another user.  Error: The record cannot be deleted or changed
  because table 'PartsActive' includes related records. 
"

Well, seeing as I do not yet have a network version of this software, it can not be locked by another user. 

Again, I KNOW I used the Data / Modify Item ID function (I was following directions given to me via this forum) to make the changes, and I still don't know off hand how to discontinue an Item (I haven't needed to do that yet).  I know there has been at least one update to the software since I Modified the Item IDs, and that update corrected a license warning that my free version was to end in 4 days.  Maybe the update also corrected the issue I had with the Modify ItemID function.

Any suggestions?

André
Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 5:42am
Debra,

I found something.  I restored a discontinued Item. It worked.

I trashed the newly restored Item. It worked.

The Item was now back in the discontinued list. And when I delete it, I get the error message from above.

Now, I would like to apologize for my earlier remarks. I was wrong.  Although I did follow the directions from this forum to change ItemIDs, I now remember that the reason I had asked how to change ItemIDs (I didn't see there was a function in the Data screen) was that I was tired of deleting Items and then recreating new items with a different ItemID. 

That being said, I now realize that I didn't actually use the Modify Item ID function on these Items. These are surely the ones I deleted prior to knowing how to C=Modify Item Ids.

So my question now becomes, do I need to bring the units down to 0 prior to trashing the discontinued Item IDs.?

André
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 1:31pm

>>So my question now becomes, do I need to bring the units down to 0 prior to trashing the discontinued Item IDs.?

Yes, you do. It will not hard-delete an Item with units in stock. Double-click the In Stock field, click the check box button, top-left to select all units. Click the Issue button (the one with yellow minus sign). This will populate the issues screen. Select the adjustment reason and click the Issue.

Getting rid of the stuff is made no easy on purpose. In multi-user environment, you want to know why the stuff gone, who did it and when.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic