Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesUser Interface and Navigation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

MULTI USER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REXAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MULTI USER
    Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 4:08am
Hi, just purchase network version.
Tried to move existing account to Lan but prompt "network drive has being expected".
What should i do?

Confused

I need to add another computer & link to my current but status is currently "Lan" : "No".
Please advice me....
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 11:43am
On a first computer create a company if you do not have one. I have created "MU Sample Company" as a sample.

Select the company, click Move to the LAN button and browse to a shared folder on your network. In this sample, it is ALM777/SharedData/Inventory

On the Next PC, double click "New Company", choose Link to Existing Company, browse to the company folder on the network  ALM777/SharedData/Inventory/#MU Sample Company#, and click the OK button.

REXAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REXAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 1:07am
ThX gonna try again.

Also new issue i face is i am unabble to create invoice.
After Sales order 12345, i click on create invoice, a error message "can't assisgn a value to this object"
What went wrong & how do i prevent...
REXAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REXAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 2:32am
Sorry to add on. Seems like some patching required.
I deleted the customer & recreated a customer, it went well.

Theres quite a couple of customers hundreds now. What can i do other than recreating everything? 
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:51am
When you delete supplier, customer, or item, the record is not getting deleted from the database but rather becomes marked as discontinued. Click Activities/Customers menu, change Company Type to Inactive Customers, find the record to restore, and click the Trashcan button. You will see a popup message with choices Restore, Delete, Cancel. Click Yes to restore.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:53am
error message "can't assisgn a value to this object"
Please make sure, you are running the latest software. Use Help/Download Updates. If update found, restart the application after patches are downloaded.

Let me know if still see this message.

REXAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REXAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 11:18am
REXAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REXAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 11:19am
yUP...Its still there. Software is upto date.
REXAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REXAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 3:16pm

I tried to update, meaning its up to date.

Still unresolved. So what i did was re-set up a company with fresh data.

But still facing the same prompt message....what should i do?
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:00am
Is it the only sales order which does not allow you to create an invoice?
REXAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REXAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 2:57am
Somehow, its selective to customer card. Certain customer card occurs while others may be fine.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 8:54am
Could you please email a screen snapshot with a problem causing customer record loaded on it? AID@ALMYTA.COM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic